Keith Wyness

villan-scott

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

That would be the most unbelievably stupid thing ever, and I don't believe it for one minute. 

To be honest, there is not much else he could have said.

"F*ck that the clearing in the woods is already on thin ice"

• Like 1

Really is a ridiculous and unnecessary statement to say he will remain even if we are relegated.

The amount of frankly deserved hatred Bruce would face if he got us relegated would make it impossible for him to work here anymore.

I can only assume that Bruce was someone Wyness pushed for to Xia to an degree that he made it a prestige appointment and if he was sacked so might Wyness be.

The smart thing would have been to say the generic response that they have full confidence in Bruce and that he will turn it around but that he will be assessed in the summer as football is after all a result based business.

• Like 4

i think it's a bold statement, but I think the point he's stressing is the commitment to stability and that the club believe in Bruce and want to support him. I'm sure that if we were actually relegated there would be a lot of questions asked and the answers might not be the same - but the point that he wanted to make today was that he's behind Bruce and wants stability. I think that's fair enough.

• Like 4

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

i think it's a bold statement, but I think the point he's stressing is the commitment to stability and that the club believe in Bruce and want to support him. I'm sure that if we were actually relegated there would be a lot of questions asked and the answers might not be the same - but the point that he wanted to make today was that he's behind Bruce and wants stability. I think that's fair enough.

If he can't get that message across without making stupid statements like this then he shouldn't be on air answering questions. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

If he can't get that message across without making stupid statements like this then he shouldn't be on air answering questions. 

I guess that would depend on whether you think it's a stupid thing to say.

The interviewer asked (more of less) "If Villa were relegated would Xia still be interested, would he still be committed and here next season and would the manger be here too?"

The answer was yes on both counts and he went on to talk mostly about Xia and went on to talk about stability.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The interviewer asked (more of less) "If Villa were relegated would Xia still be interested, would he still be committed and here next season and would the manger be here too?"

The answer was yes on both counts and he went on to talk mostly about Xia and went on to talk about stability.

I think saying that a manager who relegated the highest spending team in championship history, keeps his job no matter what, is a stupid statement. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think wyness has spoken brilliantly tonight - the club is in safe hands and I can see why you were impressed meeting him Scott .

Â