Keith Wyness

villan-scott

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think saying that a manager who relegated the highest spending team in championship history, keeps his job no matter what, is a stupid statement. 

They are backing their manager to the hilt - far better than uncertainty and speculation - let's get the team gelling , build some confidence and get this club back up there .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

They are backing their manager to the hilt - far better than uncertainty and speculation - let's get the team gelling , build some confidence and get this club back up there .

True, he better not fail ffs.

It is either a brave masterstroke or disaster!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think wyness has spoken brilliantly tonight - the club is in safe hands and I can see why you were impressed meeting him Scott .

I'm not sure my opinion can be trusted, I quite liked Tom Fox.

For Wyness, I'm not convinced he's a lovely man, I'm sure there's more behind the scenes than we see or hear - however, I am fairly convinced he'll do what he thinks right to make the club better, whether I like it or not!

• Like 1

What he's done, good intentions regardless is set himself up in a position that any outcome other than us getting promoted next season under Bruce makes him look like a clown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

What he's done, good intentions regardless is set himself up in a position that any outcome other than us getting promoted next season under Bruce makes him look like a clown.

I think that's the expectation and having spent around £80m on this squad it's a fair expectation to be targeting promotion next season . 

Anything less for me would be failure.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wyness is 10 times the man fox could ever be - they are backing Bruce so that's it - time to forget any gripes and get behind the manager and the team.

Ah yes. The famous vote of confidence.

So often the precursor to the sack. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ah yes. The famous vote of confidence.

So often the precursor to the sack. 

As he said there were times when Everton fans wanted Moyes out and they were struggling but he backed him to turn it around .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think that's the expectation and having spent around £80m on this squad it's a fair expectation to be targeting promotion next season . 

Anything less for me would be failure.

And yet I would have said the same about this season, but promotion will not happen.

They would be taking one helluva chance on keeping Bruce for next season considering his performance so far ths season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

And yet I would have said the same about this season, but promotion will not happen.

They would be taking one helluva chance on keeping Bruce for next season considering his performance so far ths season.

Only the fullness of time will tell .

Just now, Eastie said:

As he said there were times when Everton fans wanted Moyes out and they were struggling but he backed him to turn it around .

Well, there are oft quoted examples of what you are saying, perhaps the Ferguson one being the most quoted.

We never seem to hear of the ones where managers were kept for too long and failed - I suspect there may be many more of them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I couldn't agree more, and what's more I have no doubt there would be, and indeed I think the manager would be lucky to survive.

This I disagree with - if you want to give the manager a reasonable chance then you want to take away any instability, anything that makes it more difficult for him to do the job - whether or not the statement is true isn't the issue, for me saying it is no bad thing. Wyness has made the point that he believes in the manager and that the club want stability - that's a helpful thing - and what's more, in my opinion it's the right thing.

I think it's unlikely we'll go down, I think if that's the case then we should be sticking with Bruce and seeing what happens when we put some faith and support behind a manager for longer than six months - for me, that's sensible.

I thinking sticking with Bruce to see what happens is an absolutely stupid and idiotic move. 

If time given to a manager isn't based on what they do then we might as well have stuck with black or RDM to just see what happens. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I thinking sticking with Bruce to see what happens is an absolutely stupid and idiotic move. 

If time given to a manager isn't based on what they do then we might as well have stuck with black or RDM to just see what happens. 

Probably the fact he's achieved it 4 times gives him that added bonus - I dare say if we got to November and were not in the top group then patience would run thin .

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, there are oft quoted examples of what you are saying, perhaps the Ferguson one being the most quoted.

We never seem to hear of the ones where managers were kept for too long and failed - I suspect there may be many more of them.

Lambert springs to mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Probably the fact he's achieved it 4 times gives him that added bonus - I dare say if we got to November and were not in the top group then patience would run thin .

But again, should time not be given based on what he's doing here? In all fairness what he did in the past is not that relevant. 

If he was clearly implementing a plan, or players were improving under his coaching, I could understand the call for time. 

But to just see what happens is just daft. 

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

But again, should time not be given based on what he's doing here? In all fairness what he did in the past is not that relevant. 

If he was clearly implementing a plan, or players were improving under his coaching, I could understand the call for time. 

But to just see what happens is just daft. 

Wyness clearly believes the team will gel and results will come 

Â