Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Not sure about the validity but there seems to be talk of Leeds and other unnamed clubs matching our bid in an effort to snatch him off us at the last minute 

This is the opinion of Cherries supporting mate of mine

"He's our captain and a rock through the leagues, got injured last season, he never looked prem quality when he came back. Good deal for both teams I reckon."

Seems to be the general consensus among Bournemouth fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

This is the opinion of Cherries supporting mate of mine

"He's our captain and a rock through the leagues, got injured last season, he never looked prem quality when he came back. Good deal for both teams I reckon."

Seems to be the general consensus among Bournemouth fans.

In effect saying not good enough for Bournemouth but good enough for Villa?

So now we're being patronised by Bournemouth fans?

How are the mighty fallen!

Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know if Elphick is a right or left sided centre back?  Who then stays/goes in current squad could depend on this.   We currently have Richards/Okore right and Lescott/Clark left.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I read it as 'Good for the Championship but not the Prem'

• Like 4

I don't believe we are a step down in terms of stature, obviously we are in terms of league position at this moment in time, but hopefully that is a temporary blip in time and soon enough we will rise up the table again. We will only become a step down if we get stuck in the Championship for a number of years and hopefully Dr Xia has a plan to avoid that happening.

In terms of Elphick as a signing, he is not a fancy dan signing, but the kind of signing that we may find to be one of the more astute signings of the summer. It sounds like he is a good influence and leader in the team, which we desperately need. I do not know anything about the guy or how he plays, but if he can be a vocal leader and organiser of the defence then he will be a great signing for us. Our defence last year looked all at sea, with no shape to it whatsoever. Hopefully this guy will be the first to help change that, and we become a unit at the back rather than a bunch of individuals doing their own thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I have painfully witnessed this first hand living with in-laws who are saints fans, their rise occurred as our downfall did. However, I have kept the faith knowing that our very size and history will revive us one day, and I genuinely believe we're about to see a reversal of fortunes, possibly even Saints faltering, but that doesn't matter, only AVFC on the way back!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Given that Bournemouth are int the PL and we're in the Championship I'd say it's a statement which represents the facts.

Exactly but i bet in 5 years we will be in a far stronger position than them

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

We seem to have moved pretty quickly on this - especially telling given that he's Bournemouth's club captain.  Is he to be ours now?

We've been linked with him for weeks, obviously needed the takeover to go through before any official talks. 

36 minutes ago, Spoony said:

"Milner picks out Downing. Young is there as well AND IT'S YOUNG WITH THE HEADER!"

:(:(:(

Imagine if, at the time we had a rich owner who not only kept our best players but also added to it. Milner, Barry, Young, Downing, Benteke etc.

Â