Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, useless said:

He was Bournemouth's captain when they got promoted and they had the second best defence in the division. His height didn't matter then. The Championship isn't just about teams playing long balls, there are some good footballing teams in the division.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Whatever his height he's played 100s of games in the lower leagues for Bournemouth and Brighton.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

He must be taller....surely. That is virtually wee Barry Bannan's height (cue the heat maps).

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Wiki states he is 5' 11"   Not sure if 4 inches makes much difference anyway?    

Edit: the wife's just shouted from the kitchen that 4 inches does make all the difference?  Make of that what you will as she's ITK  :(

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Good job he isn't 5ft 7 then isn't it?

Nah, I'm still not sure.

We could get away with 5' 7", but the fact he's only 165cm is just too much to worry about.

Elphick out.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it might be good.

After all hobbits really are amazing creatures. 

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (into the stomach of Gabby)

• Like 1

If I'm honest i didn't even know who the bloke was until we were linked with him a couple days ago. But after reading a few articles about him, plus the thoughts of the Bournemouth fans from the link posted above, the words 'born leader, model pro, great captain' all feature heavily. We have lacked this sort of character at the club for years, and even though I've never seen the bloke play, I'm excited by the prospect of the signing purely for those attributes. 

Â