Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

On 16 June 2016 at 11:21, bobzy said:

We seem to have moved pretty quickly on this - especially telling given that he's Bournemouth's club captain.  Is he to be ours now?

Maybe not, got no problem with us signing 2/3 other clubs captains and asking them all to show a bit of leadership, I think our rot is so deep the leadership required at villa goes far beyond 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe not, got no problem with us signing 2/3 other clubs captains and asking them all to show a bit of leadership, I think our rot is so deep the leadership required at villa goes far beyond 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon 

Dr Tony Xia will provide that leadership and everyone else will be hanging on to his shirt tails trying to keep up.

I wouldn't under estimate this guy I have a suspicion he will be dynamic

On 16 June 2016 at 14:08, villa89 said:

Elphick's on fire, your defence is terrified, Elphick's on fire, Da da da da da da... 

Elphick's on fire, my underpants have liquified, 

Elphick's on fire, I'll keep on singing til they've dried.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Elphick's on fire, my underpants have liquified, 

Elphick's on fire, I'll keep on singing til they've dried.

I'd like to see you singing that all by yourself at Villa Park next season :D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, a m ole said:

does anyone know, does he prefer playing on the left or right side of centre?

According to This he has played RB before, so I'm guessing he prefers the right?

40 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I'd like to see you singing that all by yourself at Villa Park next season :D

Ha ha, if he signs I think I will! Might get some funny looks at first, but once the Holte is on board it'll catch on! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Cool thanks, we definitely need to sign someone naturally inclined to the left too, then.

Just been browsing left footed CBs and Jason Shackell came up. Signed for Derby last year and is 32. Don't know a lot about him as a player but he's tall and experienced in the championship. 

Anyone know if he's any good? 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

At this moment in time I would take just take the 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon...

17 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just been browsing left footed CBs and Jason Shackell came up. Signed for Derby last year and is 32. Don't know a lot about him as a player but he's tall and experienced in the championship. 

Anyone know if he's any good? 

He's a decent centre back especially at championship level, I'd take him here

15 hours ago, cyrusr said:

At this moment in time I would take just take the 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon...

With kick off times in the Aston Villa founded football league that will only cover about a quarter of our season! 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2016 at 21:59, KSV said:

Is he still on his honeymoon? Cone on Tommy.. priorities. 

Boo yah!

CHERRIES star Tommy Elphick’s proposed move to Aston Villa is expected to be completed early next week.

Elphick is understood to have cut short his honeymoon in Italy to return to England to undergo a medical at Villa Park.

The 28-year-old defender was given permission to speak to Villa after Cherries had accepted a bid, believed to have been in excess of £3million.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/14566613.AFC_Bournemouth__Elphick_understood_to_have_cut_short_honeymoon_for_Villa_medical/?

Â