Roberto Di Matteo

meme

Fair to assume announcement within 24 hours in my opinion.

The past has shown me that the club hates everyone knowing something they're still sitting on. We now know it's RDM (90% sure), so they'll probably want to get it announced ASAP.

Surely suggests they don't foresee any problems with Xia's takeover.

....and yet the Daily Mail are reporting tonight that the takeover checks will fail through lack of funds.

Unsurprisingly, someone's bullshitting!

I believe it will be announced in the next 48-72 hours with Steve Clarke and Kevin Bond coming in as part of his coaching team, that's the information I have been given but don't shoot the messenger! Think it's a good appointment with a good coaching team. 

Now we need to go and build a squad capable of promotion.

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

....and yet the Daily Mail are reporting tonight that the takeover checks will fail through lack of funds.

Unsurprisingly, someone's bullshitting!

where? There is no new news out there that i can see????

edit my bad, it's in the 'print three lines on stuff we heard on social media section' rather than an actual article.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

where? There is no new news out there that i can see????

edit my bad, it's in the 'print three lines on stuff we heard on social media section' rather than an actual article.

Like I said, bullshit

Di Matteo if everything is true, if he comes here then it's all but done. He would not be coming in if the takeover wasn't as good as done. The club have likely heard from those doing fit and proper that the real serious obstacles are passed, it's just finalising the little things. It has been seen in the past that clubs have passed fit and proper with conditions added, it may just be that will be the case here.

Edited by Daweii

I'm a little confused. The general consensus over the last couple of weeks has been that the current Villa board wanted Pearson, and Xia wanted RDM, hence the delay. That article from the Sun seems to suggest that Hollis has been chasing RDM.

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm a little confused. The general consensus over the last couple of weeks has been that the current Villa board wanted Pearson, and Xia wanted RDM, hence the delay. That article from the Sun seems to suggest that Hollis has been chasing RDM.

No, it says Pearson was their choice, but Xia wanted Di Matteo, and AFTER Hollis met him, he was also extremely impressed etc.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No, it says Pearson was their choice, but Xia wanted Di Matteo, and AFTER Hollis met him, he was also extremely impressed etc.

With Pearson now unavailable.. if the deal falls through with Xia.. we will still likely hire Di Matteo. 1 line in the daily mail who suggest it 'may' fall through.. isn't enough to go on. Lets see what happens. Going to be a few weeks before we know I think.

My god that didn't take long... even the backup staff have haters.

To be fair, he was Harry's assistant at Portsmouth, and we all know how that went...

9 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Fair to assume announcement within 24 hours in my opinion.

The past has shown me that the club hates everyone knowing something they're still sitting on. We now know it's RDM (90% sure), so they'll probably want to get it announced ASAP.

Looks likely but I'm very surprised anyone would take over the managers roll with all the uncertainty surrounding the new owners. 

The way things have been run of late, We are potentially the next "Woolworths" of English football. 

Wouldn't of thought there would be many rushing to put their name to that without assurances and guarantees in place. 

No really one for the CV.