Roberto Di Matteo

meme

The official website has just announced a finalised pre-season tour of France. Surely they wouldn't do this without the go ahead of a new manager? Methinks RDM has had a hand in this.

• Like 2

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10300988/villa-hopeful-on-di-matteo-appointment

Villa hopeful on Di Matteo appointment

Aston Villa hope to announce former Chelsea manager Roberto i Matteo as their new manager in the next 24 hours.

Edit.  Video on site says 48hrs not 24hrs!

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10300988/villa-hopeful-on-di-matteo-appointment

Villa hopeful on Di Matteo appointment

01/06/16 10:18am

Aston Villa hope to announce former Chelsea manager Roberto i Matteo as their new manager in the next 24 hours.

Can't watch videos at work... Can someone relay a basic jist of the info please?

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Can't watch videos at work... Can someone relay a basic jist of the info please?

Just short video.  "AV are hopeful of announcing RDM as their new manager in the next 48hrs.  The clubs new owner Dr. Tony Xia has been impressed with RDM’s CV and his plans for the Villa squad.  Dr. Xia’s £76m takeover will only be concluded once he passes the premier league’s owners and directors tests." 

• Like 1

Did we not already know this?

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just short video.  "AV are hopeful of announcing RDM as their new manager in the next 48hrs.  The clubs new owner Dr. Tony Xia has been impressed with RDM’s CV and his plans for the Villa squad.  Dr. Xia’s £76m takeover will only be concluded once he passes the premier league’s owners and directors tests." 

5 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Did we not already know this?

Yes we did but it's another source and SSN are probably more reliable than some of the other sources. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

I will be bloody relieved when it does happen.  I am way past debating about RDM, Pearson or whoever. Just want it done so we can move forward.

This completely.  In by the end of the week, back room team in by Monday, ship out some of the dead wood next week and some new arrivals the week after.  Ready for pre season.  Simples!  

Not that easy I know but let's be optimistic rather than pessimistic. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

My god that didn't take long... even the backup staff have haters.

im sorry I dont want a man sacked at Newcastle for corruption and filmed on the BBC openly doing it

• Like 3

On 5/30/2016 at 15:28, terrytini said:

My point, rightly or wrongly, is that Hollis is either aware of this and confident in the outcome, or there will be other things in place as contingencies.  Whilst he certainly would rather not be interested and it isn't his field I simply don't see him sitting back at home saying "Well I've done my bit what's on Tv ?" 

IF there is any realistic danger of the sale not proceeding (I am sure it will) he will, I  think, know this, know the likelihood of it, and be mindful of there needing to be a fallback position

Terry, I think you are right.  And the contingency does not include RDM.  That's what makes this different from Ellis bringing on O'Neal.  Worryingly, it implies to me that the contingency plan is for a relatively paltry investment in the on-field product. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bond seems quite a random appointment....don't tell me Redknapp is going to wind up here in an "consultancy" role....

I always wanted Niko Kranjcar to sign for us ;)

So, if true, Di Matteo is turning down the club that finished 8th in the top league of his native country to manage the club that finished bottom of the top English league and will next season play in the second tier of English football. Interesting. Wonder what made him make that decision?

• Like 2