Roberto Di Matteo

meme

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

So, if true, Di Matteo is turning down the club that finished 8th in the top league of his native country to manage the club that finished bottom of the top English league and will next season play in the second tier of English football. Interesting. Wonder what made him make that decision?

well he lives local and think his family is English so probably doesnt want uproot them

39 minutes ago, villarocker said:

So, if true, Di Matteo is turning down the club that finished 8th in the top league of his native country to manage the club that finished bottom of the top English league and will next season play in the second tier of English football. Interesting. Wonder what made him make that decision?

The food in England is better?

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Where has the Bond story came from?? I can see Eddie Newton coming but who else will he have on his staff? I haven't a clue who he had at CFC or WBA 

Some new poster on here posted a few pages ago about Kevin Bond and Steve Clark (Assistant)

More likely though to be Steve Holland (Coach) working with RDM and Eddie Newton (Assistant) as they have worked with Roberto before as coach and assistant.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Some new poster on here posted a few pages ago about Kevin Bond and Steve Clark (Assistant)

More likely though to be Steve Holland (Coach) working with RDM and Eddie Newton (Assistant) as they have worked with Roberto before as coach and assistant.

Thanks. Hopefully Conte will bring his own staff in and we can get both Newton and Holland in. I can't see Bond or Clark coming in especially Clark as an assistant. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Well, at a guess, I would say he is bordering between mad and delusional, just like everybody else associated with the Club for the last God knows how long.

• Like 3

For all you fans of lazy journalism and the ostrich manager, check out this corker from one of BT's most ITK telephone engineers...

The Chinese businessman, 39, this week bought Villa from American Randy Lerner, who had been looking to sell since 2014.

Xia needs to pass the customary test in order for his takeover of the club to be completed.

Investigations into Xia's conglomerate, Recon Group, are being carried out jointly by the Premier League and Football League as Villa, relegated from the top flight this season, do not officially become a Sky Bet Championship club until June.

Xia does not foresee any problems and told the Telegraph: "I think there is no way, and not any excuse, that they should turn me down because I am a person who is doing everything legally.

"I am enthusiastic for the club and I will devote myself to it and I am responsible to take it over.

"There is no reason they will disapprove of that."

Keith Wyness, Chris Samuelson and Jamie Banfill, who are all expected to form part of the new board at Villa, will also need to pass the owners and directors' test so it is unknown how long it may be before Xia's takeover can be finalised.

One issue that may be resolved before the purchase of the club is completed is the identity of the new manager with former West Brom and Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo Xia's preferred choice, although ex-Leicester manager Nigel Pearson also remains an option.

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/villa-owner-tony-xia-confident-of-passing-fit-and-proper-test-S11364064294347?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Italy is not his native country. He's Swiss with Italian heritage.

• Like 3