Roberto Di Matteo

meme

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

The 'sportingintel' guy on Twitter who interviewed and met Xia and verified his qualifications etc is saying that Steve Clarke will be RDMs number 2. If that happens it's a take over by the Baggies

Fixed.

BTW, this is a light-hearted comment. Please no earnest responses defending records of Di Matteo & Clarke etc. ;)

Would be pretty chuffed with Steve Clarke as number 2.  You would think Steve Clarke would prefer a managerial role but if he is happy to go down to No2 then he must be aware of the new project we are hoping to implement, either way a serious upgrade on Eric black and Ray Wilkins

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The 'sportingintel' guy on Twitter who interviewed and met Xia and verified his qualifications etc is saying that Steve Clarke will be RDMs number 2. If that happens it's a great appointment. 

we already knew that a few pages ago  , keep up  :D

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I'd be pleasantly surprised at Clarke being a number 2. I would have thought he'd be going for the manager's job not the assistant.

I wouldnt have minded him as manager at all. Think they played together at Chelsea and think he be a good shield for RDM

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

we already knew that a few pages ago  , keep up  :D

I know. Did read that at the time but took it with a large dose of salt. 

However, hats off to him if it does turn out to be correct. 

I had reservations about RDM but if Clarke is true and Bond he'll have a very decent backroom staff. 2 good coaches with loads of experience. I've always preferred Clarke as a No2 aswell. 

• Like 1

It's vitally important we get the right men behind Roberto, if looking at recent history.

It all went downhill with O'Neill when Robertson left his coaching team.

It all went downhill with Lambert when Karsa and Culverhouse left.

Remi can in and struggled as we could not get the men behind him he wanted.

If Clarke is who Roberto wants and we can get him in it will be very promising news.

• Like 2

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36435484?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Former Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo has been appointed the new boss of Aston Villa manager.

The Italian succeeds Remi Garde, who was sacked in March before the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Di Matteo, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, will be assisted by former Blues team-mate Steve Clarke.

Villa were also linked with ex-Manchester United boss David Moyes and new Derby County manager Nigel Pearson, but Di Matteo was always first choice.

Dr Tony Xia, the Chinese businessman whose takeover of Villa is awaiting Football League and Premier League approval, is convinced Di Matteo will raise the West Midlands club's profile in the Championship.

The former West Brom and Schalke boss and Clarke, 52, have been out of management since last year.

The pair have never worked together in management but were Chelsea team-mates for two years.

No mention on OS yet though? If so, welcome Roberto and Steve!

• Like 4