Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

WC bid 2030

From BBC article above about UK bid for WC30

A feasibility study will continue before the formal World Cup bidding process begins in 2022.

Aston Villa is one club who will offer full support for any bid and plan to upgrade Villa Park to ensure it meets Fifa guidelines for the tournament.

Villa Park has a rich tradition of hosting major occasions, including three games at the 1966 World Cup, four Euro 96 games and a total of 16 internationals. It was the first English stadium to host internationals across three different centuries and has also staged a record 55 FA Cup semi-finals as well as the 1999 European Cup Winners' Cup Final between Mallorca and Lazio.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would we get some of the upgrades funded by FIFA if the UK won the bid? 

I doubt FIFA, but I’m unsure of procedures in such matters. More so from the UK government.

53 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

WC bid 2030

From BBC article above about UK bid for WC30

Hah beat me to it!

The Villa Park comments seemed to be somewhat shoe-horned into the article. Wonder who the beeb asked at the club?

Why not mention other grounds like Old Trafford, Anfield etc.

Perhaps third time lucky will do it like Biden lol though probably not.  It would be a 48 team tournament which is 4 times bigger than 1966.

I suspect if we did get the bid it might be  a hard sell for the general public to fund stadium redevelopments for multi million pound football clubs owned by billionaires. But we will see.

maybe we are preferred choice for the whole euros too then? it sounds a bit like Boris playing the game, UEFA are currently discussing the idea of us hosting the euros and Boris throws his weight behind a WC bid

"if we pull you out of the shit this summer then what is it in for me?"

Hopefully VP would get some games this summer too if thats the case

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

maybe we are preferred choice for the whole euros too then? it sounds a bit like Boris playing the game, UEFA are currently discussing the idea of us hosting the euros and Boris throws his weight behind a WC bid

"if we pull you out of the shit this summer then what is it in for me?"

Hopefully VP would get some games this summer too if thats the case

Not going to happen.

On 26/02/2021 at 23:01, Follyfoot said:

That larger end would have a capacity of at least 28,000

Perfect and once and for all leave the world in no doubt what is the best goal end stand on the planet... (kop my arse).

Sorry follyfoot, only just seen, must have been on a bender that day.

• Like 1

I have to agree that the North Stand is bad inside. It’s like a corridor.

I like the Trinity Upper because that’s really spacious inside.

the Doug Ellis end is ok but pricey in most areas of that stand.

I think I remember going in the Holte End a few years back and I thinks it’s a bit like the Trinity Stand quite spacious.

I don't understand how football grounds have got so expensive. Wasn't the Holte End about £5m? I know that was a while ago, but we own the land, how could a nice 15,000 seater North Stand with some fancy corporate bollocks cost more than a middling striker would cost? Surely we could knock something up that would take us near 50k and look less like a giant turd for £30-40m?

Correct me if incorrect didn't a previous owner want Villa park to be around 130000 capacity? But we couldn't build it so ended with only around an 80000 capacity stadium or thereabouts. 

It was in the black and white days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Correct me if incorrect didn't a previous owner want Villa park to be around 130000 capacity? But we couldn't build it so ended with only around an 80000 capacity stadium or thereabouts. 

True story from back when we ruled the world, just after we invented half time pies.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

That was 5 years ago and he was called Dr. Tony Xia. A visionary beyond his years whose true genius will probably only be realised in thousands of years from now.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

We have been promised expansion from lerner to xia now to these guys. Im hoping these guys can deliver. For me i would look at 48-49k to start with see how that fills and if its still hard to get tickets then consider 55k 

Â