Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I have to say I do feel that The North Stand is borderline dangerous.

The concourses are shoulder to shoulder at half time, I wouldn't like to think how quickly the stand could be evacuated in an emergency.  Significantly slower than other stands I would imagine. 

I also still feel that the corporate income and the food and drink income could be much higher with a better designed stand even ignoring and increase in capacity.  It really is a relic.  Like most buildings from that era poorly designed and poorly constructed. It let's Villa Park down so badly. 

My season ticket is in The Holte which is meant to be the cheapest stand, but the surroundings are palatial compared to The North. 

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The concourses are shoulder to shoulder at half time, I wouldn't like to think how quickly the stand could be evacuated in an emergency.  Significantly slower than other stands I would imagine. 

I also still feel that the corporate income and the food and drink income could be much higher with a better designed stand even ignoring and increase in capacity.  It really is a relic.  Like most buildings from that era poorly designed and poorly constructed. It let's Villa Park down so badly. 

My season ticket is in The Holte which is meant to be the cheapest stand, but the surroundings are palatial compared to The North. 

Are you in the Upper? You can barely move in the Lower at half time as the Holte Suite eats up all the space. 

Just now, blunther said:

Are you in the Upper? You can barely move in the Lower at half time as the Holte Suite eats up all the space. 

No, I am lower, but The North is still much more crowded. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It is safe or at least satisfies the annual safety checks. You’ve got to sell a lot of hotdogs and burgers twice a week to make any dent on the cost of a new stand. It’s not going anywhere any time soon.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm quoting myself here, which promotes me to the most elevated levels of pomposity; I don't care.

It also strikes me as sad that 13 years ago I for one thought this stand was about to see the end of its days - yet here it is.

However, given that the stand seems to have been constructed using shall we say "unusual" financial methods and given that cost cutting tends to find its way into construction values and knowing that the stand is 43 years old - maybe there's a chance that it might start falling down before its worth knocking down. We can but hope.

We won the league and won the cup, now Ronnie Bendall's **** it up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

it'll be 2/3 years away if starting from scratch, prices are all over the place too

the time to do it was whilst the upper trinity was closed, should have kept it open and knocked down the north, the fact that they didn't suggests to me that it wont be happening now either

When we couldn't even afford to pay our tax bill and uncle Tony didnt have a pot to piss in?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It is safe or at least satisfies the annual safety checks. You’ve got to sell a lot of hotdogs and burgers twice a week to make any dent on the cost of a new stand. It’s not going anywhere any time soon.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

On 05/08/2020 at 17:11, PaulC said:

Strange that the last stand built is the one that has to come down. Never really understood why we chose that design in the first place.  

Its the cheapest way to have a stand without pillars. Plus when they built it they did not think they would need to further add capacity. At the time capacity was 48,000 which was very rarely met, and they probably never thought that the Holte End was to be replaced from standing to seats which lost capacity.  The late 70's was a long, long, time ago.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its the cheapest way to have a stand without pillars. Plus when they built it they did not think they would need to further add capacity. At the time capacity was 48,000 which was very rarely met, and they probably never thought that the Holte End was to be replaced from standing to seats which lost capacity.  The late 70's was a long, long, time ago.

I know I sat on the top tier for the first game, never liked it. Too far away from the action. 

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I like the North as it is cheap and when you sit in it you don't have to see it from the pitch.

That's fine if you're under 5'5 and haven't got to be worried about leg room or being squashed from either side

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I know I sat on the top tier for the first game, never liked it. Too far away from the action. 

Its nearer to the pitch than the top of the Holte.  And the Upper Trinity which is atmosphere free. The concourse is about 10% of the size though.

Edited by The Fun Factory

With no fans imminent in grounds I wonder if they will bother changing if the graphics on the North Stand ( if Grealish goes we will need to ) I can’t see them sticking with it personally. On the pic above for me Villa Park should always be 4 interconnected but stand alone stands. 

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

With no fans imminent in grounds I wonder if they will bother changing if the graphics on the North Stand ( if Grealish goes we will need to ) I can’t see them sticking with it personally. On the pic above for me Villa Park should always be 4 interconnected but stand alone stands. 

They might do  a dodgy Photoshop for the new kit and sponsor over them. And put in big capital letters Not Done A Fulham all over Villa Park.

On 09/08/2020 at 11:41, AvfcRigo82 said:

Da4rn2LgqBu4aHiIE8hUDwJQUSm3d-7aAXmxRPTa

What is this? Genuine question... artists impression? Architects design? Fan photoshop effort?

Either way,  no to filled in corners from me. Putting all the obvious objectives aside, what stand do you even qualify as sitting in if you're in that second tier that extends the length of the corner? 

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What is this? Genuine question... artists impression? Architects design? Fan photoshop effort?

Either way,  no to filled in corners from me. Putting all the obvious objectives aside, what stand do you even qualify as sitting in if you're in that second tier that extends the length of the corner? 

I thought that was an artist impression when Lerner wanted it redeveloped and fill in the corners? 

Â