Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Not filling in the corners would be a no no from the club methinks.. Too much wasted space. It’s about income. If we want a 60000 seat stadium, and if we’re ambitious, that simply has to be the target even to match our competitors. 

We can fill in two corners but The Holte should always stand alone, magnificent in it’s unique glory and casting it’s glow over Villa Park.

The newest version will never be the same as that wonderful old stand but The famous Holte End is more than just a physical structure. It has a heart and a soul that carries many other hearts and souls that it has welcomed and looked after over the years. When we inevitably go to The Holte End in The Sky we have a home forever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What is this? Genuine question... artists impression? Architects design? Fan photoshop effort?

Either way,  no to filled in corners from me. Putting all the obvious objectives aside, what stand do you even qualify as sitting in if you're in that second tier that extends the length of the corner? 

I think it was some leaked images for the failed 2018 England World Cup bid. Had we won the bid Villa Park would have probably hosted a quarter final.  Not long after that the talk of a new North Stand got very quiet until Dr Tony's turned up with a lot of ideas and no actual money. The new owners have showed little appetite for it as far more money is made from TV revenue than spending a lot of money to add about 10,000 additional seats.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I honestly think we should wait until we’re back as an established premier league team and also, maybe more importantly when the issue of safe standing is resolved with the authorities.

if safe standing areas are sanctioned, I’d love to see the lower Holte converted and mirrored with a redeveloped North Stand (to be renamed The Barton End or similar)

54 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The newest version will never be the same as that wonderful old stand but The famous Holte End is more than just a physical structure. It has a heart and a soul that carries many other hearts and souls that it has welcomed and looked after over the years. When we inevitably go to The Holte End in The Sky we have a home forever. 

It could do with some more bogs though. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

What is this? Genuine question....

It's what the new north stand could look like.

Once it happens (whenever that may be) I hope we rename it in honour of one of a past legends.

For me I would opt for something like 'The Ron Saunders Stand' or 'The Paul McGrath End'.

When it is redeveloped I doubt we will see many empty seats M'Lord...

• Thanks 1

Most match day revenue from the other clubs allegedly comes from the corporate market. Eventually we'd need to increase that side of the business to bring in more match day revenue. 

On a personal note I'd love it if we owned the land immediately surrounding the ground. So there'd be no houses and no road immediately in the vicinity of the ground. We could have made the outside areas of the ground like a fan park on match days. 

But yeah there's no reason to increase capacity etc for the next 5/6 seasons. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Most match day revenue from the other clubs allegedly comes from the corporate market. Eventually we'd need to increase that side of the business to bring in more match day revenue. 

On a personal note I'd love it if we owned the land immediately surrounding the ground. So there'd be no houses and no road immediately in the vicinity of the ground. We could have made the outside areas of the ground like a fan park on match days. 

But yeah there's no reason to increase capacity etc for the next 5/6 seasons. 

We already have thousands of fans on a season ticket waiting list. There’s every reason to start expansion of the ground and it’s facilities now. Thankfully I believe our current owners to be pretty ambitious people, I do not think they will be waiting 5/6 seasons to get this club moving on all fronts, including ground improvements.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, meregreen said:

We already have thousands of fans on a season ticket waiting list. There’s every reason to start expansion of the ground and it’s facilities now. Thankfully I believe our current owners to be pretty ambitious people, I do not think they will be waiting 5/6 seasons to get this club moving on all fronts, including ground improvements.

We don't know when crowds will be allowed back and in what capacity. Secondly I think this is the first time we've had a waiting list for a season ticket. We don't know if it will last. Covid-19 has changed everything. People are not going to choose between baby formula and a ticket to a football game. The essentials are going to come first. So many people have lost jobs and businesses have folded. Disposable income is going to be less readily available.

We need to re-establish ourselves in the premier League before we start increasing capacity. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We don't know when crowds will be allowed back and in what capacity. Secondly I think this is the first time we've had a waiting list for a season ticket. We don't know if it will last. Covid-19 has changed everything. People are not going to choose between baby formula and a ticket to a football game. The essentials are going to come first. So many people have lost jobs and businesses have folded. Disposable income is going to be less readily available.

We need to re-establish ourselves in the premier League before we start increasing capacity. 

Nope sorry. I guess we’ll have to disagree on this one. With a Covid/Brexit recession on the cards, people with hard cash should be in the driving seat. Our owners are seriously monied people and will be able to drive a hard bargain with any potential building company. Ground improvements do not come underFFP rules. It’s no good having crowds rolling up in the future and not having the capacity to exploit that to the full. There was a time that VP could match most clubs with our ground, not just in capacity but also in facilities. We have been left behind by quite a few now. Let’s start closing that gap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I did not know that: thanks for sharing. Changes the calculus somewhat 

We should sign some really expensive 'builders' to erect a few concession stands and maybe play a bit of football on their weekends off. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

What is this? Genuine question... artists impression? Architects design? Fan photoshop effort?

Either way,  no to filled in corners from me. Putting all the obvious objectives aside, what stand do you even qualify as sitting in if you're in that second tier that extends the length of the corner? 

Just looks like a fan has stuck one of the ends from Old Trafford onto Villa Park to show what it might look like.

• Like 1

The Spurs stadium showcases how you can have a semi wrap around upper tier whilst retaining the 4 separate stands identity. The upper Trinity could be continued similar to the below image. 

Imagine the North stand replaced with a single 17,000 single tier stand 😍

I also feel that the Trinity frontage could with a few tweaks to pay homage to Aston Hall with the windows and decorative features though very low priority but it can be relatively easily achieved at not a huge outlay. And finally whilst I’m dreaming reimagining the old trinity Roof for the 21st century...  

17ECA337-CBBE-4F4E-A5FC-3AA446D7105A.jpeg

6F2399D6-EBB6-444E-AE17-6DBEF5B15DE9.jpeg.14e9f8621745cae1346f076c6c74b1fc.jpeg9EBA7219-12FB-419A-973A-EFB8B7543D68.jpeg.4261932666d6e3d518939a81fea5dcdf.jpeg

CE2F303D-2F2C-48FC-9E0A-9A2B21153952.jpeg

FDC6AB1D-882D-4519-AC4D-FC62EA772F0D.jpeg

In terms of corporate seating Citeh’s ground and various American arenas they have underground bunker suites, so a new north stand doesn’t need corporate sandwiched in the middle. The Stratford End has executive seating in the middle of the lower tier. I can also see the boxes of the trinity being converted to bigger lounge suites as they are the new vogue. The Emirates has recently done this as tastes shift... 

Edited by thabucks

15 hours ago, meregreen said:

They've said pretty much the opposite. There aren't any redevelopment plans in the near future. Pretty sure Purslow said it at one of the forums.

• Like 2

Â