Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We have been promised expansion from lerner to xia now to these guys. Im hoping these guys can deliver. For me i would look at 48-49k to start with see how that fills and if its still hard to get tickets then consider 55k 

2 Charlatans.  These guys are pukka

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

From the official site:

The Board’s strategy includes a long-term plan to improve our iconic Villa Park home and preliminary designs and schemes are now being formulated both to increase our capacity and modernise our commercial facilities.

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Cant find anything on there, guessing its not a main article and maybe just a line in a different article?

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Cant find anything on there, guessing its not a main article and maybe just a line in a different article?

As he said, it's part of the statement of the accounts

• Thanks 1

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/aston-villa/news/villa-intend-to-expand-stadium-capacity_306651.html

Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness has revealed that the Championship club are hopeful of boosting the capacity of Villa Park to nearly 60,000.

The Villans are exploring six different options to expand their famous home by almost a third, making it the biggest transformation in its 120-year existence.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Cannot wait for the Holte's twin opposite to be built! 

Well it can only be the north or Ellis.

Ellis is constricted due to land, North due to the offices that are located inside it. 

Oh this is interesting, I missed this news. I like the fact they have done this on the QT. It makes more conifdent that something could actually happen unlike the rubbish spouted by Dr Tony and Wyness a few yrs back. I wonder if Everton's new ground has sparked his review.

Edited by The Fun Factory

On 03/03/2021 at 16:14, Sulberto21 said:

Correct me if incorrect didn't a previous owner want Villa park to be around 130000 capacity? But we couldn't build it so ended with only around an 80000 capacity stadium or thereabouts. 

It was in the black and white days.

Let me dig out my Villa Park- 100 Years book out.  I think you are referring to Frederick  Rinder  who was chairman of Villa between 1898-1925, and 1936-38.

Rinder plan was to have a overall capacity of 104,000 at Villa Park, which was laid out in 1914 before the outbreak of War. The plan was-

New Grandstand (which became the Trinity Road)  Seated- 6,500

Enclosure in front-11,000

Existing Grandstand Seated (Witton Lane/Doug Ellis)- 4,500 

Enclosure in front-12,000

Terracing City (Holte) End- 40,000

Terracing Witton (North Stand)-30,000

So 11,000 seats in a 104,000 capacity! This was never fully carried out. The Trinity was built but the Witton end terrace was never made this large- probably no more than 15,000-20,000.

The Holte End was expanded during WW2 ( I believe the only ground to be expanded in the wartime) but not sure it was ever 40,000 more like 30,000. Rinder''s last ground improvement.

Villa Park peak capacity was technically about 80,000. However this was never filled as the highest attendance of 76,588 v Derby County in 1946 was when part of the Witton Lane was out of action after being bombed in the war.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/04/2021 at 15:35, Demitri_C said:

We have been promised expansion from lerner to xia now to these guys. Im hoping these guys can deliver. For me i would look at 48-49k to start with see how that fills and if its still hard to get tickets then consider 55k 

Actually it started with Doug Ellis. The initial plan was to extend the new Trinity around the North Stand back in the early 2000s. I have definitely seen some early computer generated mock ups and I think there was a model in the Villa Park reception which showed the original plan. Alas nothing happened after the controversial demolition of the old Trinity Stand. Doug then sold to Lerner and every owner since has talked about it but nothing has happened!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/04/2021 at 15:35, Demitri_C said:

Lerner promised expansion.

Xia promised a theme park but not an expansion 😜

NWSE (through Purslow) have said they have no short-term plans to expand the stadium, but some increase of capacity and commercial facilities. Not quite sure what that means.

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't know you can increase capacity without expansion unless terracing is reintroduced.

Squeezing in extra seats somewhere? I don’t know.  But Purslow has said many times that they don’t plan an expansion of the ground... so I don’t know what they mean.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Squeezing in extra seats somewhere? I don’t know.  But Purslow has said many times that they don’t plan an expansion of the ground... so I don’t know what they mean.

I might be an optimist but that is not how I read it. If anything our capacity could be lowered if we offer more disabled seats like Old Trafford. Is that a legal requirement?  Purslow has always said they are not in the short term looking at capacity increase but this is a long term review. So not at the moment but maybe in 5-10 years if things go to plan.

• Like 1

Â