Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Be gutted if they build a fully wrap around north stand. Villa Park is four unique stands always has been and always should be in my opinion. Any joining of the stands with the witton will be a compromised design. A single tier stand like Spuds would add circa 10.5k more seats taking us to 53k... you could then sq/curve the corners of the Trinity but keep a separation from the new (sponsor?) stand adding a couple more thousand. Next sq the upper holte and its concourse - rebuilding the upper part & exterior to increase size. Then finally somehow tackle the Witton with a bigger stand to take it to 65k .... 🤔🤔😬 step by step ... 

I am sure this has been said all before but it would be very difficult to expand Doug Ellis Stand due to the proximity of the road and also housing. That was the reason why the capacity was lowered initially when the club built the stand in the early 90s. It would be very costly probably involving buying property and rerouting a road for probably about 5,000 additional seats.  For me its the North Stand or nothing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Lerner promised expansion.

Xia promised a theme park but not an expansion 😜

NWSE (through Purslow) have said they have no short-term plans to expand the stadium, but some increase of capacity and commercial facilities. Not quite sure what that means.

i dont care about an expansion, we want a damn theme park 😛 

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Would love Villa park to be fully Oval..

I wouldn’t, I’m not a 4 stand Nazi like some but I like to retain history so I would definitely want the Holte separate from the other two stands, they can turn the rest bowl shaped if they want.

• Like 3

Villa Park has been oval in the past, I'm sure a good architect could reference both that period of history and the more recent Holte End separate stand era too. Could be interesting to see what that might look like.

Villa_Park_1907.jpg

• Like 2

The problem would be keeping a brick facade and then an oval stadium, the 2 aren't compatable and personally I would prefer the brick, there's no doubt some architect out there who can design an oval inside and then squared off brick work outside, a bit like the lucas oil stadium (even that's clad and not brick, maybe uses like a brick slip type panel) 

Materials have moved on, lightweight structures and natural lighting, spurs and wembley for example have a lot of glass

Can't think of a modern stadium that uses facing brick and I wouldn't want us to move away from it 

Hope we don't build something new and try and make it look old a la USA. Always looks fake and horrible.

Adding some big modern shiny glass extension to VP might turn out a monstrosity but I still think that would be a better option.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope we don't build something new and try and make it look old a la USA. Always looks fake and horrible.

Adding some big modern shiny glass extension to VP might turn out a monstrosity but I still think that would be a better option.

I can already smell the cheese room 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All we need to do is rebuild the monstrosity of a North Stand. 50,000 is fine for us.  

If we eventually achieve worldwide domination we can add another tier to the Witton Lane stand by bridging over Witton Lane same as we have done on Trinity Road and Man Yew have done at The Theatre of Shityte. We might have to buy some of the houses on Holte Road or pay loss of light compensation.  You could always buy them and then rent them out as an investment! 

That's not necessarily uneconomical, we bought all the houses on Witton Lane when the current stand was built. If Doug Ellis could do it I'm sure NSWE wouldn't blink. 

That's going to take us to 60,000 or so, maybe 62,0000 depending on how big they go.   I can't see us needing much more than that unless we have a decade or more of proper sustained success wining multiple titles. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Villa Park has been oval in the past, I'm sure a good architect could reference both that period of history and the more recent Holte End separate stand era too. Could be interesting to see what that might look like.

Villa_Park_1907.jpg

Let’s be fair though there is really only one proper stand there

Left field suggestion - increase the incredible Holte to even greater heights. Went past scumchester United's ground not long ago and some of their stands are huge. Same with the Newcastle one. 

The ideal situation would be if we had spare land all around the ground without roads going through etc. 

Which makes the North stand the only realistic feasible option to extend. 

Imagine a 3 tier Holte get a slide going from the top to the car park at the back . The doctor's theme park vision lives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Left field suggestion - increase the incredible Holte to even greater heights. Went past scumchester United's ground not long ago and some of their stands are huge. Same with the Newcastle one. 

The ideal situation would be if we had spare land all around the ground without roads going through etc. 

Which makes the North stand the only realistic feasible option to extend. 

Imagine a 3 tier Holte get a slide going from the top to the car park at the back . The doctor's theme park vision lives.

Have you watched a game at the top of Leazes end? Its far too away from the pitch. The Holte is fine.

• Like 1

I saw architects plans that were drawn up a few years ago and if the redevelopment reflects those plans then we’ll have a fantastic stadium. 
It was the same studio that designed The Holte!

12 hours ago, hippo said:

I think I'd rather have a new stadium. Let's face the current location is the armpit of the earth. With car vandalism rife on matchdays/nights.

The cost is enormous! No owner is going to do it unless they are a boyhood fan with like 10 billion quid.

• Like 1

Â