Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

I think this is one of the benefits of having an owner on Twitter. Little snippets and updates like this. Since the season has started he has piped down somewhat, which is what a lot were worried about. 

As for the redevelopment, the North Stand is long overdue. It should incorporate some sort of museum and club shop. Fill the corners and get the capacity up for our inevitable rise to the top!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I'd like hot taps in the toilets that don't burn my hand off.

I'd like paper towels in the dispenser of the toilets when they should be there.

I'd like a 'safe-smoking' area in each stand - because smoking in the toilet really pees me off. There's only so long I can hold my breath.

I'd like a ban on vaping at football grounds unless in the 'safe-smoking' area. They seem to give off more smoke than the real thing, with debatably less toxic emissions.

More historic murals on the walls of the areas behind the stands, where people clog up the thoroughfare to drink and watch other teams on the TVs. The whitewash with claret and blue speckles is tired now.

North Stand - as nice as it was when it was opened, needs to be updated to reflect the nature of the rest of the stadium now. Not sure I actually want to see a 'bowl' stadium which is the current default fetish. I'd like to see a Villa museum somewhere in the stadium, that can be visited without the need for a stadium tour, but would be included in the price of a stadium tour - kind of like a 'post tour free swim.'

Happy for existing Villa Village to be modernised in itself as the club shop/ticket office.

For daylight kick offs, I'd like a special 'claret and blue smoke on' flypast by the Red Arrows. I don't care if that disrupts Birmingham International controlled airspace... PC Copper can fly his chopper around the city unmolested, so the Red Arrows can too... and of course, it's the Villa at home, so the world should take notice. ;)

For night time kick offs, some claret and blue fireworks from the top of each stand to welcome the players onto the pitch. The Chinese make some great fireworks.

:huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

I'd like a 'safe-smoking' area in each stand - because smoking in the toilet really pees me off. There's only so long I can hold my breath.

I'd like a ban on vaping at football grounds unless in the 'safe-smoking' area. They seem to give off more smoke than the real thing, with debatably less toxic emissions.

I don't think you can legally have any smoking area that is inside. Has to be classed as outside.

What they need to do is crack down on people smoking in the toilets.

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Fill in the corners and have automated machines selling the beers before the game and at half time. 

Not sure that is a good idea right now tbh. Looks bad enough half empty as it has been for the past few years. I understand what Xia wants to do but success isn't a guarantee. 

Though if we do become a lot more successful it is good to have the stadium capable of satisfying the higher demand and increasing revenue..

Really not sure.

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

For daylight kick offs, I'd like a special 'claret and blue smoke on' flypast by the Red Arrows. I don't care if that disrupts Birmingham International controlled airspace... PC Copper can fly his chopper around the city unmolested, so the Red Arrows can too... and of course, it's the Villa at home, so the world should take notice. ;)

For night time kick offs, some claret and blue fireworks from the top of each stand to welcome the players onto the pitch. The Chinese make some great fireworks.

Brilliant!   :clap:

3 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Having seen some of Xia's redevelopments over in China (Which are stunning) i feel we are lacking ambition thus far.

I would like to see the North Stand replaced with something befitting, corners filled in though i do love the way you can see & hear the Holte end crowd from Aston Park side as you approach, that is one of my fondest memories of being a kid and seeing the crowd as you approach so i don't know if there's a way of keeping that whilst filling the corners in or not?

This   :thumb:

Fill in all the other corners but leave the Holte/Trinity Corner open.  :D

8 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Most of all however....

I'd love to see  the redevelopment of the surrounding area Etihad-esque style. Aston is a dump and a blight on the stadium. The roads around and too & from the M6 need work and i'd like to see the area around the stadium leveled and Aston Park / Manor incorporated in the new themed surround. You could have a Museum yes but so much more too. A Shopping Mall, trees, benches, Art. Cafe Bars, Restaurants and maybe some sporting facilities for kids & Adults alike plus.... A proper car park maybe. Why not a Monorail link from Aston and Witton to the respective ends of the stadium? Modern Flats / houses could be built to re-house the residents who have their properties demolished (A specialty of Xia's lets not forget)

On that note I am going to buy a house in Aston asap and so when the Dr. does comes calling to move me on I shall demand a £1 million pound ransom to have me moved!  :lol:

• Like 2

Â