Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

We would be lucky to get £5 million a season at a push for naming rights, West Ham are looking at only £6million per season for the Olympic stadium 

The London Legacy Development Corporation is close to concluding a deal worth around £6 million a year – £1m of which will go to West Ham – with the Mahindra Group, a technology giant and car maker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/19/olympic-stadium-may-be-renamed-mahindra-stadium-ahead-of-west-ha/

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We would be lucky to get £5 million a season at a push for naming rights, West Ham are looking at only £6million per season for the Olympic stadium 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/19/olympic-stadium-may-be-renamed-mahindra-stadium-ahead-of-west-ha/

That's a completely different scenario. It wasn't even West Ham that secured that deal. If our owner wants to put money into the club through sponsoring the stadium he's hardly going haggle on the price. I hope.

Edited by Ryan.

3 hours ago, GlasgowVilla said:

I recall some time ago there was a notion that the current grounds and land could be sold for redevelopment, and a new stadium built near Millenium Point, both keeping the club in Aston and also making it walking distance from one of the busiest city centres in the country. 

It's controversial, and kicks dust in the face of history. 

However the trinity is gone, replaced by a corporate shell, the witton lane is an uncomfortable misnomer and I haven't felt at home in the Holte since I could no longer stand. Only the North stand remains of what I knew of Villa Park when I still lived in brum and had a season ticket. 

Just my thoughts

Would all make sense.  I reckon as long as I knew which bit was the new Holte End so I knew where to sing I'd take about ten minutes to get used to it.  My life, like I guess many others, has been full of loss, of trivial and major things, and Ive come to terms with them all.  Sometimes I pine for some of them, sometimes I cry over them, but life goes on.  And zillions of football fans have got used to new stadia.

Having said that, I don't particularly want it, and more importantly I don't see anything that has been said suggests it.

I said earlier in this thread, a lot of people seem to be missing out the bit that says ' critical long term second source of revenue'.  I don't think that means Sky money is source 1, Villa Park is source 2, I think it means the plans would bring about a second source - that doesn't mean piddly things like filling in corners or a new North Stand - that is peanuts, why on earth would Randy have got excited about that ?  I think those talking about it in those terms are missing the point.

It makes way more sense, in every way, that he means redeveloping the area as a whole, and VP being at the hub.  Its what the guy has done across China, it is crying out to be done in Birmingham generally and Aston specifically, and property/enterprise/leisure is a long term second revenue stream.

• Like 3

Build a new North Stand with full naming rights once we are established again until then get a sponsor for each stand and naming rights for the ground. This could easily bring in £15-20m a season especially as the Recon Group has so many companies. 

• Like 1

I don't think we will move and I don't think we will get a sponsor as it is a old established ground. It's when a club moves is when a sponsor makes sense. Villa Park is a established brand and I hope they are sensible enough to realise that. We need to trade on our traditions, as well as moving forward. Sounding like proud history bright future again-doh.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Would all make sense.  I reckon as long as I knew which bit was the new Holte End so I knew where to sing I'd take about ten minutes to get used to it.  My life, like I guess many others, has been full of loss, of trivial and major things, and Ive come to terms with them all.  Sometimes I pine for some of them, sometimes I cry over them, but life goes on.  And zillions of football fans have got used to new stadia.

Having said that, I don't particularly want it, and more importantly I don't see anything that has been said suggests it.

I said earlier in this thread, a lot of people seem to be missing out the bit that says ' critical long term second source of revenue'.  I don't think that means Sky money is source 1, Villa Park is source 2, I think it means the plans would bring about a second source - that doesn't mean piddly things like filling in corners or a new North Stand - that is peanuts, why on earth would Randy have got excited about that ?  I think those talking about it in those terms are missing the point.

It makes way more sense, in every way, that he means redeveloping the area as a whole, and VP being at the hub.  Its what the guy has done across China, it is crying out to be done in Birmingham generally and Aston specifically, and property/enterprise/leisure is a long term second revenue stream.

Sorry for quoting everyone- but future non football development should be tied in with the future business park development at the Serpentine car park/Aston Arena land. Anyone know any more updates on this? The aston social is still going I believe?

• 2 months later...

I did, the burger and chips looked like actual food, not sure if it was just in the upper holte but there was a proper pie shop too and different beer 

didn't see if the £4 chips and curry sauce still robbed me of all the joy in my life though 

• 2 months later...
Â