Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Wholeheartedly agree about the frontage of the Trinity. The current set-up looks like a carbuncle. Might be OK at Middlesborough, Sunderland or one of the other legoland grounds.  But it is dismal compared to the original, which was comfortably the most majestic entrance at a club ground in British football.  

The 2000 plan for the new Trinity also included the lion rampant crest on the roof, carried over from the old stand. But Herbert had a change of heart and decided not to bother. The way the roof slopes down, a replica could still be incorporated. None of those things will make a bad team a good one on the pitch, but they might go some way to making the Lions feel proud in their surroundings again. 

The amount of space behind the goal at the North Stand end is an obvious starting point for a proper club shop/ megastore. 

And whilst I'd like to see the ground more enclosed to help the atmosphere, I wouldn't want a complete wrap around.  We have always had four distinct stands for as long as I can remember, so we should maintain that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

Wholeheartedly agree about the frontage of the Trinity. The current set-up looks like a carbuncle. Might be OK at Middlesborough, Sunderland or one of the other legoland grounds.  But it is dismal compared to the original, which was comfortably the most majestic entrance at a club ground in British football.  

The 2000 plan for the new Trinity also included the lion rampant crest on the roof, carried over from the old stand. But Herbert had a change of heart and decided not to bother. The way the roof slopes down, a replica could still be incorporated. None of those things will make a bad team a good one on the pitch, but they might go some way to making the Lions feel proud in their surroundings again. 

The amount of space behind the goal at the North Stand end is an obvious starting point for a proper club shop/ megastore. 

And whilst I'd like to see the ground more enclosed to help the atmosphere, I wouldn't want a complete wrap around.  We have always had four distinct stands for as long as I can remember, so we should maintain that. 

This 100% !  

Restore the old facade, tear down the North Stand, fill the corners, and have a modern safe standing area. Strike a good balance between state of the art and traditional in every aspect of the redevelopment. 

• Like 3

Would love the AV floodlights back. 

Totally echo what others have said about the trinity facade and North stand. That requires a complete rebuild. 

Would be good if that joined the Trinity in the corner and had a state of the art club shop and museum/hall of fame within it. I would leave the remaining stands without joining them in the corners though. 

I wouldn't be opposed to renaming the north stand if rebuilt. 

Also rename the Doug Ellis stand.  

Edited by theboyangel

I would like to see use embed some decent technology into the fabric of the stadium.  Levi Stadium in the states (the home of the 49's) has a really nice integration of wireless with enough bandwidth to service everyone in the ground and an app that helps you find your way around the ground whether that is to hotdogs or bathrooms.  It also has the capacity for you to order food and drinks from your seat and have it brought to you.  Also with the future of VR and augmented reality there are really exciting ways of having your phone enhance what you are seeing infront of you or further in the future, graphic overlays and stats displayed on the eyeware of your choice.  Whatever technologies we may want as consumers to use it all starts by enabling everyone to be connected with sufficient speed inside the stadium.  It would be a big miss to do all the redevelopment and not take into account the sort of enhancements these sorts of technologies can bring.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah because everyone wants to holiday   In Aston.

Not in its current form but they may like to when it's become a world class leisure destination after Tony's £5b investment in the area. 

I can guarantee that heads of the banking industry would have laughed their socks off if you had suggested they moved their head offices to London Docklands 30 years ago. 

Indeed I suspect that some of the early pitches for Canary Wharf were probably met with a good dose of cynicism. 

On 04/11/2016 at 09:32, sharkyvilla said:

I've always thought the Westfalenstadion is the best example of how Villa Park should get developed if we ever made it back to the real top of the game.

Agreed. Always seems to have quite a very special vibe at that place.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Restore the old facade, tear down the North Stand, fill the corners, and have a modern safe standing area. Strike a good balance between state of the art and traditional in every aspect of the redevelopment. 

Exactly. Some glass and industrial steel to go with the bricks. That would be awesome!

Vaping/passing vaping has been proven several times not to be harmful. Do your research chaps, it's heated water vapour same as what you would get off a cup of coffee or food.

Passive vaping is completely harmless.

Vaping itself is at least 95% less harmful than smoking

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

I will say though the cloud chasing brigade (ones that use the heavy 'box' type mods) do give off quite a lot of vapour and especially if they are using a strong flavour can be mildly unpleasant for anybody nearby.

The best suggestion is of course the safe smoking areas so vapers could go there also.

You can't expect smokers to go 2+ hours without a cigarette. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Vaping/passing vaping has been proven several times not to be harmful. Do your research chaps, it's heated water vapour same as what you would get off a cup of coffee or food.

Passive vaping is completely harmless.

Vaping itself is at least 95% less harmful than smoking

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

I will say though the cloud chasing brigade (ones that use the heavy 'box' type mods) do give off quite a lot of vapour and especially if they are using a strong flavour can be mildly unpleasant for anybody nearby.

The best suggestion is of course the safe smoking areas so vapers could go there also.

You can't expect smokers to go 2+ hours without a cigarette. 

Whoa,  hold your horses partner. 

Yes water vapour might be harmless but what are the things that make the flavour?  This is what worries me because it is chemicals which make the flavour. 

I asked someone I know how she knew if the vape juice was safe and she said "of course it is otherwise the vape shop wouldn't sell it" 

Now even companies like Findus and Tesco etc suddenly found out that they had horse meat in their beef. 

Vaping is totally unregulated and I can't see fhe Vape shop carrying out any kind of supply chain auditing.  So you have chemicals of unknown substance from unknown source being vapourised and inhaled deeply into people's lungs. 

I give it a couple if years before the troubles start and we realise people are developing all kinds of conditions from God only knows what they have been inhaling,  and I for one would also like to avoid inhaling it second hand. 

• Like 2

Â