Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Spurs stadium - not sure if this is real but I’d not be a fan of anything like this from the Villa.  It’s already a rollercoaster ride watching the Villa (pun meant).

Fascinating how it’s flexes yet keeps structural integrity … 

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I hadn't noticed until the Leeds game that there has been some minor structural work done in the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand, with an extra vomitory at the point where the lower tier turns towards the North Stand.

If ever there was a time to get a vomitory in place, it's for the visit of Leeds United Football Club.

Spoiler

yes yes I looked it up and now I know it's nothing to do with yakking

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I hadn't noticed until the Leeds game that there has been some minor structural work done in the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand, with an extra vomitory at the point where the lower tier turns towards the North Stand.

It was part of the works to add places for disabled away fans in among the away support - previously away fans in wheelchairs or with an assistant needed to sit in home areas which wasn't ideal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Info in the statement re VP development. First phase is to redevelop North Stand to increase capacity to 50k. Also construction to start soon on Brookvale academy site.

Class owners, hopefully we can push on to compete with the corrupt brown envelope, fine paying, VAR favoured elite without resorting to same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Great news. Really happy with this. But the big question is what have they done to address the travel issues this will cause?

Honestly getting to villa park and back by public transport is a absolute nightmare 

• Like 1

I keep reading it and can’t work out whether they mean the first phase of rebuilding the North Stand will increase capacity to 50k or whether the rebuild of the North Stand is the first phase and they have plans to redevelop other stands. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great news. Really happy with this. But the big question is what have they done to address the travel issues this will cause?

Honestly getting to villa park and back by public transport is a absolute nightmare 

I mean surely this can be resolved to some extent by a bus service and more frequent trains?

Â