Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

He surely must be thinking of moving Bruce on, and that would definitely be a step in the right direction.

I am not convinced by Wyness, and doubt very much he has the capability to choose the sort of manager we need to carry us forward.

The next manager is the big decision.

• Like 1

The problem is mainly that while these thing can happen it's not he most likely scenario.

Leicester is far more likely to go down than to win the PL - even if they did the latter most recently. Making it with the available ressources would be a much bigger feat than making it this year - it's not just a reshuffle, fresh manager and play the youth. Its could be - but not most likely.

17 hours ago, Eastie said:

You’ve never liked  him since he nicked the last pie ahead of you in that chippy ;)

I was looking forward to that pie! But it’s more than just the pie. There is something about the guy that makes me feel uneasy. Totally unwarranted I admit. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

Disagree , he is the CEO and at the club on a daily basis he is also the one who signed Bruce. I imagine he signed off on all the transfers and wages too so there is no way he is blameless here and yes his silence is suprising as he usually as something to say on Twitter when Villa are mentioned ..I think his position must also be in trouble

Well Xia has gone back home. I would doubt he is hunting for a new CEO. 

2 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

Maybe he found one already?

He flew back on Sun/Mon  - we didn't know the play off result until 7pm - I think its unlikely.  Makes more sense that Wyness knows the score and will crack on with it.

I think xias statement hints at everyone taking a breather - the shit probably hits the fan next Monday -  

If Xia is worth as much as touted about, the Dr has plenty money so just keep on splashing the cash and worry about paying the fine next season. 

Don't see what all the fuss is about. 

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

If we fail FFP we face a points deduction and possibly demotion, so we can't just "pay the fine"!

Yes you can, 

Its a fine first then a Transfer embargo then points deduction. 

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

That's not how it works, a panel decides what punishment you get, it's not a three strike system.

Technically it is, as the amount overdue determines the sanctions imposed. 

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Technically it is, as the amount overdue determines the sanctions imposed. 

Where are the rules?! No-one, either believers or nonbelievers in its stringency, can give me a hard fast rule. No-one knows the rules because they don't exist, actually I suppose 'rules' is the wrong word - the rules exist, there is just no defined punishment.

As such it is inevitable that any sanctions against any club will be debated, negotiated and appealed. FFP is ruling through fear of what it COULD do rather than anything it either will do, or succeed in doing. I do believe some owners actually secretly like the FFP as it gives them an easy excuse about the big bad wolf. But until it's tested no one really knows what will happen in any given circumstance.

Does anyone really believe if we're £10m outside the accepted rules we're going to be chucked out of football?! And if you're going to die anyway through inaction then what is the harm of causing yourself a little bother with the authorities?! We're effectively suffering a transfer embargo now because we can't afford anyone, we're going to suffer a points deduction because we need to lose our better players and we're going to be 'fined' as we will end up selling players under value as the vultures circle. I'm not advocating ignoring it but I think the fear of possible sanctions is ridiculous given both our circumstances and the fact it's so far proved toothless anyway.

• Like 1

I think Xia is handling this very  badly. Puts out a vague statement talking about unspecified change (and, slightly more bizarrely, "rethinking the past 10 years") and all we have now is negative news of the decent players in last season's squad (Terry, Snodgrass, Grabban) leaving.

We need some positive news to fill the vacuum. At least some hint of how we are going to handle next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Where are the rules?! No-one, either believers or nonbelievers in its stringency, can give me a hard fast rule. No-one knows the rules because they don't exist, actually I suppose 'rules' is the wrong word - the rules exist, there is just no defined punishment.

As such it is inevitable that any sanctions against any club will be debated, negotiated and appealed. FFP is ruling through fear of what it COULD do rather than anything it either will do, or succeed in doing. I do believe some owners actually secretly like the FFP as it gives them an easy excuse about the big bad wolf. But until it's tested no one really knows what will happen in any given circumstance.

Does anyone really believe if we're £10m outside the accepted rules we're going to be chucked out of football?! And if you're going to die anyway through inaction then what is the harm of causing yourself a little bother with the authorities?! We're effectively suffering a transfer embargo now because we can't afford anyone, we're going to suffer a points deduction because we need to lose our better players and we're going to be 'fined' as we will end up selling players under value as the vultures circle. I'm not advocating ignoring it but I think the fear of possible sanctions is ridiculous given both our circumstances and the fact it's so far proved toothless anyway.

I have posted a few times now that QPR have been fined £40m for breaching FFP - They have appealed and lost.

That said if FFP were scrapped tomorrow - I still think we would see cost cutting at villa this season 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Been a bit of a childish and told you so tone from villa fans since yesterdays statement. Lot of captain hindsights coming out with " he's thrown money at it last 2 years, hasn't worked and now we are **** and he'll pull the plug etc etc "  Can i ask when villa were relegated 2 seasons ago, if that summer tony xia said he wasn't going to invest huge sums of money , change the structure, invest in youth , and it would be a long term project that would not see us return to the PL anytime soon, what would the response of been ? He would of been **** from day one with fans if he took that approach. The thought of big villa slumming it in the championship for a few years despite the horrid relegation would of disgusted all of you, myself included. He has backed both managers to the hilt. We have not got promoted not because of tony xia. We havent got promoted because of steve bruce. Only thing xia is guilty of is naivety.

But in a multi million pound business being naive is a pretty big crime.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I have posted a few times now that QPR have been fined £40m for breaching FFP - They have appealed and lost.

That said if FFP were scrapped tomorrow - I still think we would see cost cutting at villa this season 

Fair enough. But is a fine relevant if you're trying to invest anyway?! You just work it in to the running costs! Especially if by not investing you lose more than the amount of the fine. And have QPR paid this back yet? All in one go? Has it greatly impacted on them? I just don't get the fear.

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

This a great post.I agree with it entirely, however I'm sure Dr Tony and the board WILL be aware of the consequences of failing FFP and must decide whether the risk is worth taking

Â