Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

that tweet sounds like Trump

A lot of his tweets does sound like Trump's.

I choosing to put that down to the language barrier rather than him being a bell end.

2 hours ago, sne said:

A lot of his tweets does sound like Trump's.

I choosing to put that down to the language barrier rather than him being a bell end.

That seems at least half fair, Trump's English isn't that bad, (but he is definitely a bell end, though). Tony on the other hand. Seems like a good guy. #Make Villa Great Again.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

That seems at least half fair, Trump's English isn't that bad, (but he is definitely a bell end, though). Tony on the other hand. Seems like a good guy. #Make Villa Great Again.

Mmm VAG (Make Villa Again Great)

Tony getting to meet Prince William and Kate.

This will hopefully do wonders in Far East for publicity as they love the Royal Family and anything to do with it in China! Future King meets Aston Villa's chinese owner! maybe it will gain us even more publicity and new fans in China. Hopefully!

Says in Daily Mail article that Tony and WIlliam spoke a good length about Villa and Football in China. Hopefully William could maybe help in some of Tony's future plans?

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

The story cites the withdrawal of the Millennium Films acquisition but that has been well publicised as a mixture of Trump administration trying to stop US firms being sold to overseas investors (failure to get local regulations sorted in time was the officialy stated reason) and The Chinese government banning Chinese companies investing large sums in certain overseas industries including entertainment.   Wanda pulled out of a similar deal, are we to assume they have no money? 

Therefore I call this out as bull crap. 

However the Chinese government have in the same proclamations reigned in Chinese investment in overseas sports as well. 

Therefore we may still be in trouble, not from lack of Xia money but from his ability to invest it here, which could of course be equally bad. 

If this is the case I wonder if we will be sold again if we do get promoted this year. 

On 22/11/2017 at 20:15, thabucks said:

Rumours of his wealth or lack there off just won't disappear will they...Strange. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-haters-behind-gossip-11568370

What a pointless article.  Nothing we didn't already know concerning FFP and Millennium Studies to then concludes with this with nothing to back it up.

There have been allegations of Villa’s suppliers going unpaid recently and the club borrowing money to meet their huge wage-bill.

What a joke. 

On 22/11/2017 at 12:35, MrSmirch said:

Ooooh possible industrial espionage, saucy. Having 4 West Midlands clubs owned by ambitious Chinese businesmen/groups is always going to lead to some friction.

I can see it ending in an Anchorman style mass brawl between the 4 sets of executive board members.......probably in the bullring.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dick said:

Imagine if you put this much effort into criticising Lerner.

And... so....and What has that got to do with anything ? 

I think the article is powder puff click bait but the rumours surrounding the Doc keep surfacing from time to time and I find it strange they wont disappear completely. Not sure what relevance to Lerner it has but yeah ok if you wanna make that link go for it. 

Â