Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Hackneyed, but true.

Maybe. But the club was ****. Trust me. 

And tbe only thing that will rebuild us is good decisions over time.

And I think we are doing that - but I think we will only have real answers to how far we have come, once stable in the prem.

22 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Maybe. But the club was ****. Trust me. 

And tbe only thing that will rebuild us is good decisions over time.

And I think we are doing that - but I think we will only have real answers to how far we have come, once stable in the prem.

could not agree with you more.....the club was in a far worse state than any of us will ever imagine.

I have trust in this little band of brothers we have now.....Bruce/Round/Wyness/Xia.....no one can ever be certain, but I just have that feeling there is only one hymn sheet and they are all singing off it.

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

A massive amount of management bullshit in that....

Wonder what their strategic goals are? what is fan engagement? are we all about to be getting spam emails trying to sell us Hi-Sense products? Do we get a free TV with every season ticket? What is sponsorship maximization (bigger logos on the shirts?), brand presence I get (expect VP to be plastered with their logos), and what are these tangible returns that they will be getting? Obviously money... but.....

Don't get me wrong - I am really happy that we have a commercial team now that seem to have an idea what they are doing, and the foundations are starting to look good - I just hate buzzword announcements like that, which don't really say anything. 

But yeah, go Tone, anything that brings money into the club and builds our presence/profile is great.

I'm not sure what any of that marketing BS means but Hisense sell the most TV's in China. Basically the equivalent is Samsung and LG in the US. Whoever makes the most common TV in the UK, Hisense is the Chinese version of that - for 2 billion people.

52 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm not sure what any of that marketing BS means but Hisense sell the most TV's in China. Basically the equivalent is Samsung and LG in the US. Whoever makes the most common TV in the UK, Hisense is the Chinese version of that - for 2 billion people.

I agree it is great news, i just hate that sort of meaningless management speak....

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

A massive amount of management bullshit in that....

Wonder what their strategic goals are? what is fan engagement? are we all about to be getting spam emails trying to sell us Hi-Sense products? Do we get a free TV with every season ticket? What is sponsorship maximization (bigger logos on the shirts?), brand presence I get (expect VP to be plastered with their logos), and what are these tangible returns that they will be getting? Obviously money... but.....

Don't get me wrong - I am really happy that we have a commercial team now that seem to have an idea what they are doing, and the foundations are starting to look good - I just hate buzzword announcements like that, which don't really say anything. 

But yeah, go Tone, anything that brings money into the club and builds our presence/profile is great.

I think in a nutshell

They are going to provide this club with the necessary tools & technology to fulfil some of our objectives and hopefully this knowledge and understanding  would be something that this club would utilise after the partnership deal has completed.

In return Hisense gain a greater exposure in the UK resulting in a newer demographic consumer & business wise and within football, rugby and other sporting industries. It does appear to be a good partnership for them. This could potentially help Hisense build more partnerships in the UK. 

They have not got long to replace all the concourse and directors box TV's. Will be interesting to see if they are up and running first game of the season.  As partnerships go this is a good one.  Might even invest in one of their TV's when my Samsung bites the dust.

Seems to me that The Doc has his connections and if we get promoted things could really snowball.

31 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Seems to me that The Doc has his connections and if we get promoted things could really snowball.

Yes, Hisense is a Chinese electronics brand, currently offering lower budget products but not necessarily sub par products. What I like about this sponsorship is that Villa and Hisense are on a similar journey - trying to establish themselves, but when they do you can be sure that they have a bit of clout about them. Hisense are trying to compete with the likes of sony, given time, they will. 

30 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Gregg Evans from the Mail has said this. It does sort of make sense, we only have Taylor otherwise so would need to buy another LB.

Whereas CB we have 3 decent options, with Jedinak able to cover also.

Well if that's the case, I'd deffo rather keep Amavi than Baker. 

• Like 1

Â