Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

19 hours ago, TRO said:

I love his tweets.....I have to rely on the younger poster to help me.....so revolutionary for an owner.

but Hey! I love the guy he is like a breath of fresh air for me.

Sincerity personified.

ps If there is an ounce of justice this guy WILL preside over Villa Success.

Agree so much with this.

• Like 2

It's a shame you can't come on here and have an opinion on the Docs tweets without it being seen as moaning or complaining. I frankly couldn't care less how much or what he tweets but if somebody asked for my opinion on them. I would say I like them apart from the transfer riddles. I find them annoying. 

Now that does not mean I'm moaning and want him to stop. Or I'm a miserable old git. Or I forget how Lerner never communicated now complain Xia does. Or I want Xia out. Or I need to stop reading if I have a problem with them. Or  that they upset me or really bother me. Or that I want him to stop tweeting altogether. It means non of that. It just means I think the transfer tweets are annoying. Nothing else,  nothing more.

Just had to get that off my chest. love you doc. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's a shame you can't come on here and have an opinion on the Docs tweets without it being seen as moaning or complaining. I frankly couldn't care less how much or what he tweets but if somebody asked for my opinion on them. I would say I like them apart from the transfer riddles. I find them annoying. 

Now that does mean I'm moaning and want him to stop. Or I'm a miserable old git. Or I forget how Lerner never communicated now complain Xia does. Or I want Xia out. Or I need to stop reading if I have a problem with them. Or  that they upset me or really bother me. Or that I want him to stop tweeting altogether. It means non of that. It just means I think the transfer tweets are annoying. Nothing else,  nothing more.

:crylaugh:

On 09/07/2017 at 02:59, Midfielder said:

I'm not into Twitter etc myself but when I come on here I sometimes enjoy reading the Tony tweets. Agreed with several who have said 'rather this' than the Randy years of silence and disinterest. 

Its nice to have an owner who genuinely seems enthusiastic too and the tweets are sometimes sent as if from the account of an excited kid who's bursting at the brim trying to maintain a promised secret. Seems Tony is enjoying owning us and I'm enjoying his ownership. 

Whats also to remember / respect, is that the guys an international businessman with massive ongoing commercial operations in China, yet despite those, spends a lot of time in the UK and at Villa whilst also, seemingly, being involved at a hands-on level with club business. 

Which also, maybe explains some of his tweets. Probably a lot of work behind the scenes trying to put deals together and he's just showing that things are happening, somewhat cryptically at times. A little mystique, which nine times out of every ten of those Tony tweets means something is imminent. Nice to be informed. 

Also one final thing. Despite being fantastically wealthy, a year ago he was an outsider to the industry. One year on and he's dealing with agents, players, backroom staff, club staff and running / overseeing the running of a huge football club, and doing a decent job in my opinion. 

At least he's not the Venkys and at least we are not Blackburn. 

200w_s.gif

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now that does not mean I'm moaning and want him to stop. Or I'm a miserable old git. Or I forget how Lerner never communicated now complain Xia does. Or I want Xia out. Or I need to stop reading if I have a problem with them. Or  that they upset me or really bother me. Or that I want him to stop tweeting altogether. It means non of that. It just means I think the transfer tweets are annoying. Nothing else,  nothing more.

Defo miserable old git! ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It is so,so difficult for oodles of reasons why its hard for an owner to keep us in touch with whats going on in transfer negotiations.

but,this guy is unbelievable.

He has his way of keeping us in touch, but not incriminating himself......He has so much consideration for us.

If that is not an unselfish way of having empathy with the fans.....I don't know what is.

He is a Topman.

first time I can whole heartedly agree with you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

first time I can whole heartedly agree with you.

baby steps:)

you would be surprised on how much we DO agree on.

The main one is we both Love the club.

Ps We both have the same Loaf.....we just have different ways of baking it:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â