Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

The contracts might be stupid but there is no point complaining about stuff you can't change. It isn't hard to get a rough idea of what other clubs will offer players so you cut your losses and move on.

Say Richards is on £70k, the next club want to pay him £40k, so we pay off the remaining £30k per week for the rest of his contract. Yes it's annoying, yes it's wasted money but at least it's less wasted money. Worst case scenario is letting this contracts just run down with no benefit to the team or squad. If you basically promise to make up any shortfall in wages then I can't see why a player wouldn't move to get some actual game time.

So take the hit and clear the decks, even if we only save half the amount of the wages these players are on it'd still be worth it.

Nobody is coming along and paying him £40k, not a chance.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nobody is coming along and paying him £40k, not a chance.

Not sure he'd be on £70k either - weren't there relegation clauses put in his contract regarding a wage cut if relegated? 

27 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not sure he'd be on £70k either - weren't there relegation clauses put in his contract regarding a wage cut if relegated? 

Tom Fox was calling the shots, so doubt it

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Tom Fox was calling the shots, so doubt it

Didn't fox say that the signings that season had relegation clauses which would mean a drop in wages should we go down? 

Chief executive Tom Fox says bottom club Villa can cope financially even if they drop into the Championship and miss out on the riches of the new mega-money TV deal.

But the American insists the club have not given up hope of staying in the top flight despite collecting just six points from 16 games.

Villa’s players and staff - including Fox - have relegation clauses in their contracts and will take huge pay cuts if the club are relegated.

They believe that will help them avoid crashes like Leeds and Portsmouth, who went down with wage bills they could no longer afford.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/482376/Aston-Villa

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He wasn't making the decision in the last couple of years it was Fox.

That might be the case. But to me that makes him more to blame. He hired a bloke who had no right to be in that position at a premier league club and then let him do whatever. The fact he couldn't give a shit at this point makes him more to blame than Fox IMO.

If I owned a business, hired an unqualified guy to run it and just let him get on with it, it's my fault when that business goes tits up. 

• Like 3

all of my long time on this planet i've been shit at algebra....never ever understood the reason behind it....but hey i'm glad some villans do 

:)

41 minutes ago, imavillan said:

all of my long time on this planet i've been shit at algebra....never ever understood the reason behind it....but hey i'm glad some villans do 

:)

Don't be disheartened mate, this isn't really algebra, it's Tony Xia being crazy and it doesn't make any mathematical sense. I enjoy his tweets but I know not everyone does.

• Like 2

Whoever is on TS now with Sam Matterface has just made a really sarcastic comment about Xia. 

They are just talking about why players of a high standing are going to wolves.

To paraphrase:

In response to a tweet from a wolves fan saying these players are going because Wolves owners are rich.

SM -there are loads of rich clubs in the championship, villa have a billionaire owner.

OG (other guy) - he isn't a billionaire, Villa aren't loaded. 

SM - Really?

OG - he isn't rich.

SM - well they have just signed John Terry, how are they paying his wages?

OG - I don't know. 

SM - So you saying he won't be paid at the end of the month?

OG - we'll see. 

SM - Lets get back to wolves. 

Edited by av1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Whoever is on TS now with Sam Matterface has just made a really sarcastic comment about Xia. 

They are just talking about why players of a high standing are going to wolves.

To paraphrase:

In response to a tweet from a wolves fan saying these players are going because Wolves owners are rich.

SM -there are loads of rich clubs in the championship, villa have a billionaire owner.

OG (other guy) - he isn't a millionaire, Villa aren't loaded. 

SM - Really?

OG - he isn't rich.

SM - well they have just signed John Terry, how are they paying his wages?

OG - I don't know. 

SM - So you saying he won't be paid at the end of the month?

OG - we'll see. 

SM - Lets get back to wolves. 

Does "og" stand for own goal.

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Does "og" stand for own goal.

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

OG (other guy) 

;)

Â