Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Investment in the squad, a refreshed and modernised management structure top to bottom, a greater connection with the fanbase, connections being made with business and council, professional PR and exciting social media output. Alleged improvements to the matchday experience, though we will only begin to really see that this season. 

There are all sorts of little things going on beneath the surface that set the Tone, what else do you want an owner to do? All the talk of theme parks and what not are clearly long term ambitions, that kind of stuff doesn't happen overnight. 

It's not just silly tweets, though he's bloody good at that IMO. If you're not seeing it you're not looking hard enough. 

Unintentional catchphrase idea, I like it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Investment in the squad, a refreshed and modernised management structure top to bottom, a greater connection with the fanbase, connections being made with business and council, professional PR and exciting social media output. Alleged improvements to the matchday experience, though we will only begin to really see that this season. 

There are all sorts of little things going on beneath the surface that set the tone, what else do you want an owner to do? All the talk of theme parks and what not are clearly long term ambitions, that kind of stuff doesn't happen overnight. 

It's not just silly tweets, though he's bloody good at that IMO. If you're not seeing it you're not looking hard enough. 

Exactly. We've had soccer schools all over China and I think we'll get a bigger exposure now we have our own TV rights for next season. Ultimately though until we are a PL team any plans have to be smaller in scale. We won't  see any grand plan until next season hopefully!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Exactly. We've had soccer schools all over China and I think we'll get a bigger exposure now we have our own TV rights for next season. Ultimately though until we are a PL team any plans have to be smaller in scale. We won't  see any grand plan until next season hopefully!! 

All over China? :D

You sure about that one...

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good to see you back - a real asset to the site in my opinion :)

Christ man get out his ass. 

No seriously I am humbled, cheers bro glad you're still here. I needed an actual break from The Villa this summer now I canne wait for the actual football to start up again.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No seriously I am humbled, cheers bro glad you're still here. I needed an actual break from The Villa this summer now I canne wait for the actual football to start up again.  

I took a few weeks off too but the possible  arrival of JT saw me having to reach for the keyboard again ;) 

Edited by Eastie

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

canne wait for the actual football to start up again.  

That will have you reaching for off topic pdq! 

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's due to break out in patches in November apparently.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There are all sorts of little things going on beneath the surface that set the tone, what else do you want an owner to do? All the talk of theme parks and what not are clearly long term ambitions, that kind of stuff doesn't happen overnight. 

There have been great changes in the past year. The club was dead under Lerner, it takes time for new ideas to kick in. We're doing alright for where we are. 

• Like 2

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce Hisense as its new official technology partner.

Hisense UK, the Leeds-based UK subsidiary of the global electronics supplier, will spearhead activities like fan engagement, sponsorship maximisation and brand presence at home games over the course of the 2017/18 season.

Luke Organ, the club’s Chief Commercial Officer, said: “This is a very important strategic partnership for Aston Villa. 

“We are proud to have partnered with such a strong consumer brand who share a mutual love for football. 

“Throughout the course of the partnership we shall work hard to drive strong ROI for Hisense across the spectrum but particularly utilising our understanding of data to drive affinity, propensity and ultimately product sales. 

“We look forward to a long and successful partnership.”

Rongtian He, Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Overseas Business Officer, continued: “We are delighted to work with Hisense, a globally known Chinese brand. 

“Despite Hisense being known to football globally, we are very proud to become their first football partner in England and in assisting them in achieving key strategic goals for their UK business.

“Securing Hisense is testament to the new approach we have toward our partnerships, focusing on delivering tangible returns for our partners through the new commercial team being assembled here. 

“We look forward to working with Hisense and developing the relationship to potentially incorporate some of the wider, international projects led by Recon Group.”

Howard Grindrod, Hisense UK’s Deputy Managing Director, added: “Aston Villa are a massive club with an iconic stadium and an incredible fanbase so we’re delighted to announce this partnership with one of the biggest clubs in England. 

“As excitement continues to build ahead of the new season, we’re looking forward to kicking off our sponsorship.”

Click

Sounds really good. As trent says seems to be doing better 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A massive amount of management bullshit in that....

Wonder what their strategic goals are? what is fan engagement? are we all about to be getting spam emails trying to sell us Hi-Sense products? Do we get a free TV with every season ticket? What is sponsorship maximization (bigger logos on the shirts?), brand presence I get (expect VP to be plastered with their logos), and what are these tangible returns that they will be getting? Obviously money... but.....

Don't get me wrong - I am really happy that we have a commercial team now that seem to have an idea what they are doing, and the foundations are starting to look good - I just hate buzzword announcements like that, which don't really say anything. 

But yeah, go Tone, anything that brings money into the club and builds our presence/profile is great.

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

There have been great changes in the past year. The club was dead under Lerner, it takes time for new ideas to kick in. We're doing alright for where we are. 

Hackneyed, but true.

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

good to see you back Dave.:)

• Like 1

Â