Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Fair point - but it doesn't bode well lets say for example, a new north stand or more complex projects....

They're sensibly working within the current budget for branding. If we're in a position to be building a new north stand then the branding budget won't be an issue.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Fair point - but it doesn't bode well lets say for example, a new north stand or more complex projects....

Even though Xias speciality is basically building cities. Doesn't get much more complex than that!

I think you might be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

I like the guy but he is being ridiculed on  there and biting back in the way he does is not helping himself .

ok sure tweet the odd information but to respond to fans on the wind up is not good for him as people are taking advantage of his poor vocabulary .

whether I follow him or not is immaterial , I don't like seeing people rip the piss out of a decent bloke .

I'm waiting for the big one - Twitter bitch fight between @Dr_TonyXia and @realDonaldTrump!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I'm waiting for the big one - Twitter bitch fight between @Dr_TonyXia and @realDonaldTrump!!!!

"I met him on the operating table, he was bleeding from his chest, his failing heart, his...wherever...unbelievable"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Just seen him trolling small heath with a tweet on Sky sports news. 

Legend :crylaugh::clap::flag:

Yes absolutely brilliant lol.

Ive been completely ambivalent at his use of Twitter but that is very funny indeed.

The exclamation mark at the ends leads me to think he is saying it in an excited sort of way with a hint of confirmation and a degree of teasing. I imagine as he wrote that he stroked his chin and gave a knowing smirk as  his eyes looked off into the distance. 

"Oh I think we should be good with that!"  Mwah! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Can only mean we have signed a current England international and Tony is an evil genius.

• Like 1

Everytime I see all the interpretations of a Dr Xia tweet I'm reminded of English Literature lessons; talking about what the author means, how they are conveying meaning through colour and the juxtaposition of locations or the hidden messages...

Yet, both now and then, I just see someone who wrote words and is trying to convey information or a story in the clearest or most interesting they know how!

• Like 2

Our Dr is a fraud!  I've just read the above quote in a fortune cookie from our Chinese takeaway!!    Update - although my wife's one says something about a bird, a basket and a heart :ph34r:.   Make of that what you will.  

Â