Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

True. It also says that Richards is a defender. Ridiculous. 

It also says Gabby is a striker, Lescott is a magician (got that one right) and Bacuna is a very humble guy who deserves a chance with a Champions League club.  Why do we need a site revamp?  It makes me laugh every time!

Currently on air, WM radio, right now - local radio seem intent on discrediting our new owner already, suggesting he hasn't got the money he claims.

In fact they are so desperate they have, in the studio, a small heath fan who runs a knuckledragger website.

Way to be unbiased.

We really are battered from every angle aren't we?

If it's not the national media having a dig (eg: 'back to the dark ages' for our pitch invasion, whereas most other invasions seem to go unnoticed), it's the local media, and that's before you get to the section of our own fans that want to play Scooby Doo to uncover any scrap of dirt they can on Dr Xia.

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Currently on air, WM radio, right now - local radio seem intent on discrediting our new owner already, suggesting he hasn't got the money he claims.

In fact they are so desperate they have, in the studio, a small heath fan who runs a knuckledragger website.

Way to be unbiased.

Just listened back.........keep talking about owning one and not five companies   - READ the bloody information available!   OS = "Recon owns, directly and indirectly, the shares of several publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies employing 35,000 people in 75 countries."  Again confirmed in the FT and Mail.

Forget all the reporting ask yourself if you believe the following:-

Do you believe XIA - will build an Aston Villa theme park ?

Do you believe XIA will come and live in Birmingham ?

Do you believe Xia will provide £50m funds for the forthcoming season ?

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

No (Not like Alton Towers!)

Yes (If you mean buy a house here, spend time here and go to games)

Yes (If you mean "could" and "would")

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Not sure if they had this ready to go but certainly there is no comment on his Harvard tutor confirming his record or the proof of funds shown to the mail. It's obviously alarming that the media keep pressing with this but I can't help but think we are seeing resistance to Chinese power rather than anything really incendiary - certainly not that someone in one of his many companies provided some dodgy info. No smoking gun here. Then again, i am fickle, Tony wants Villa top 3 in the world! And I want that theme park. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/23/questions-linger-over-new-chinese-owner-of-aston-villa/?

Tony Xia, Aston Villa's prospective new Chinese owner, has been plagued by claims he fabricated his academic record, while a company he controlled has apparently previously run foul of authorities for providing false information to secure a certificate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not sure if they had this ready to go but certainly there is no comment on his Harvard tutor confirming his record or the proof of funds shown to the mail. It's obviously alarming that the media keep pressing with this but I can't help but think we are seeing resistance to Chinese power rather than anything really incendiary - certainly not that someone in one of his many companies provided some dodgy info. No smoking gun here. Then again, i am fickle, Tony wants Villa top 3 in the world! And I want that theme park. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/23/questions-linger-over-new-chinese-owner-of-aston-villa/?

Tony Xia, Aston Villa's prospective new Chinese owner, has been plagued by claims he fabricated his academic record, while a company he controlled has apparently previously run foul of authorities for providing false information to secure a certificate.

Isn't that just a re-hash of all the info we've had so far? And I'm pretty sure his Harvard professor has now confirmed his academic record to be true.

Just now, juanpabloangel18 said:

Isn't that just a re-hash of all the info we've had so far? And I'm pretty sure his Harvard professor has now confirmed his academic record to be true.

Yes I think so. If you are looking to smear someone this is how you do it. Especially fond of the expert they have in that says Tony is clearly a liar because if he wants Villa to be big in China in won't happen because they are not very good at football. With an objective hat on and not being a fan for a second I honestly think there is nothing to see here. The Sun are at it too today - not like the media powers in this country to have an agenda is it, and they all care so much about the villa too.

• Like 1

I don’t have a problem with reporters scrutinising him and the companies he is involved with. In fact I welcome it. Rather they do it now than months/years down the line. At present nothing overly concerning has come out as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don’t have a problem with reporters scrutinising him and the companies he is involved with. In fact I welcome it. Rather they do it now than months/years down the line. At present nothing overly concerning has come out as far as I can tell.

I fully agree Mark, Better to overturn every stone at the beginning than find out we have a CY and end up like SHA 18 months down the line. 

Not one single pot to pi55 in!

• Like 1

Â