Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Considering that many people and journalists have jumped on, what appeared to be, a simple mistake by the OS or a simple miscommunication between Recon and AVFC, I think he's just trying to settle some nerves.

Common sense would imply as much, but VT says, that's Number Wang!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That should make some people feel quite stupid

I have been in the same optimistic camp as you and others, but I can certainly understand why those in the other camp were cautious about this deal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

But that information has been made available to Hollis and his team, and he's obviously satisfied by it to proceed with the sale.

Dr. Xia hasn't properly taken the hotseat yet, not until he passes the FL 'fit and proper test' so I'm not sure what you want at this stage? Does he need to tell you how much money he has in his current account?

Definitely reads VT

3479CF9800000578-3602825-image-a-27_1463

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

1 Chinese Yuan is 11p.

Yep, or £435,903,389.47

Didn't the article say that's only how much money he's put aside for Aston Villa? Half a billion is nothing to be sneezed at.

6 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Yep, or £435,903,389.47

Didn't the article say that's only how much money he's put aside for Aston Villa? Half a billion is nothing to be sneezed at.

No it said that is how much he had sold one of his companies for and some of it would come our way.

• Like 1

It's also currently how much he has to use in this country. I'd assume that him knowing buying Villa was a real possibility he would make sure it was paid into a global account rather than into a Chinese one. That said a share of £400+ million is very tasty though before anyone tries to get negative and say "it's not as much as I thought we'd get", like I said this is likely usable funds that don't require bypassing Chinese laws there is likely more to come over the coming years if needed. 

2 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Also I doubt rich people have their money on a single account, so that's not probably his only account.

I like to imagine Bill Gates putting all his money under his mattress and then needing a really, really big ladder to climb in.

7 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Think they want Lerner back mate with McLeish in charge and no budget.

Probably the single most pathetic post I've seen on VT for a long time. 

It's currently starred with approximately a dozen people 'liking' it. Maybe I need a break from the site for a few days.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's also currently how much he has to use in this country. I'd assume that him knowing buying Villa was a real possibility he would make sure it was paid into a global account rather than into a Chinese one. That said a share of £400+ million is very tasty though before anyone tries to get negative and say "it's not as much as I thought we'd get", like I said this is likely usable funds that don't require bypassing Chinese laws there is likely more to come over the coming years if needed. 

And he believes other companies he has can go for "as much, or more". And as Jarpie mentioned, the chances of someone who has £400m having all of their money at one bank or in one account is unlikely. Cause for concern has definitely been decreased this past 24 hours!

Â