Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Apparently Nigel Spink was on the radio last night and he said that he has heard that Bruce has been told he has to buy to sell now, he was also saying that the business with Jordan Rhodes is farcical.

I didn't hear it myself my dad phoned me up this morning to tell me about it.

What say you lot? has Xia pulled the plug already or does Spinksy not know what he's  talking about

7 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Apparently Nigel Spink was on the radio last night and he said that he has heard that Bruce has been told he has to buy to sell now, he was also saying that the business with Jordan Rhodes is farcical.

What say you lot? has Xia pulled the plug already or does Spinksy not know what he's  talking about

Buy to sell? :) Got to love the Dr if that's the new policy.

Not to be rude about our Nigel but the other week he was claiming that Rhodes was at BMH, I suspect he gets his intel from a chap in a suit in Tesco's.

• Like 3

sell to buy even, it's still early morning, I'm not awake yet.

I wonder just how much these old players do hear from people at the club though.

Oh and I do agree with him on the Rhodes thing (again that is if we are actually interested in him)

When they run the Birmingham Mail every few days? Probably not very much.

Spinks has some credibility being an ex Villa player and having worked with Bruce previously and I'm sure that people like him hear the odd bits and pieces.

I'm also sure that a few of them (speaking generally here) elaborate or create stuff to supplement retirement income. 

Back to our Nigel if there is any truth in the stuff Spinksy has had to say this window I doubt Bruce would be very grateful.

That could be true.

Several journalists have been saying for months that Villa are close to their FFP restrictions. I think 

The Sell to buy, I imagine, is more to do with that than Xia's wealth.

I think Steve Round mentioned something similar too when he met with supporters.

14 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Hard to say, Spink does talk a load of guff in general. However given the amount of money we have spent and the ridiculous wages we are paying and the fact that our revenue drops massivley next season I wouldn't be surprised if we are cutting back. I think the plan was to get us up at the first time of asking which looks increasingly unlikely.  I don't the initial plan catered for being a dodgy run of the mill championship team languishing in mid table.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That could be true.

Several journalists have been saying for months that Villa are close to their FFP restrictions. I think 

I think Steve Round mentioned something similar too when he met with supporters.

FFP will be fun if we fail to get promoted next season

28 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I was listening to it live, and anyone can listen to it on the catch-up service.. I usually listen to the weeks worth when I work weekend nights while I'm doing my reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001g9px

He was purely basing it on that the Dr has gone quiet on twitter, he said multiple times "I hope I'm wrong" so its purely guess work. He didn't claim that he had heard it from anyone in the know.

If we did have a sell to buy policy then I don't think we would have rejected an alleged £25m bid for Amavi.

I think Spinksy is just guessing. He should stick to delivering parcels. 

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That could be true.

I think Round said we were ok this season and would be next season too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

Yeah, but was he saying it in a "as long as we don't spend anymore" kind of way?

Just now, Junxs said:

Yeah, but was he saying it in a "as long as we don't spend anymore" kind of way?

I don't remember that being the case, although I only read what was said. Somebody else might remember the context of it more fully.

I am sure that we do need to tread carefully in terms of finances and rightly so given the mess we got ourselves into under Lerner. I doubt very much it goes as far as sell to buy but I wouldn’t imagine there are substantial funds to spend on fees and very little wiggle room on wages.

I would think than Johnstone has simply replaced Gollinis wages which means we have freed up a few quid a week by letting Cissokho go on loan and selling Gestede. We also have 6 mill in the pot having sold Gestede. That should be enough in fees and wages to bring in a couple of players especially as we seem to be looking at players out of contract in the summer with low fees.

The bottom line is that we wasted a good portion of the 50 odd mill we spent in the summer. It should have left us with a squad that could compete for a top 6 place. Instead it has left us with one struggling to finish top half.

January should have been about putting a bit of icing on the cake. Instead we are still scratching about trying to buy the ingredients. Roberto Di Matteo has a lot to answer for.

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, mattyvilla said:

If we have to sell to balance the books then so be it , we really need to learn from our past mistakes

I'm not sure that is the case, but I also think we do need to move some on. We can't just keep buying.

49 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Well yeah. We're ok.

I took that to mean we're ok right now. 

If we go out and spend 30 million in January then we may not be ok :)

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yeah. We're ok.

I took that to mean we're ok right now. 

If we go out and spend 30 million in January then we may not be ok :)

Yeah that's probably the case. I also think the club are bargaining so we do t look like we have a lot to spend and clubs don't ask for silly money. Just my opinion though. 

• Like 1

Â