Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

13 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

When does Gabby's contract expire anyone know?? That would free up a whole swathe of wages for starters!

11 minutes ago, DK82 said:

18 months

No need for the ? :)

Bunn, Hutton & Kozak this year 2017

Gabby, Sanchez and Cissokho next year 2018

Gil, Richards, Elphick, Jedinak, De Laet, Baker, Green, Lyden, Steer 2019

Everyone else is contracted until 2020

FWIW Johnstone's contract at Man Utd is until 2018

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

No need for the ? :)

Bunn, Hutton & Kozak this year 2017

Gabby, Sanchez and Cissokho next year 2018

Gil, Richards, Elphick, Jedinak, De Laet, Baker, Green, Lyden, Steer 2019

Everyone else is contracted until 2020

FWIW Johnstone's contract at Man Utd is until 2018

Cheers mate. Sounds like we could clear a lot of the crap within 18 months.

I know we're getting a bit OT in this thread so I'll say this.

IF and I stress, IF we're going to bother complying with FFP rules it will have an effect. Whether we do or not we are still a business that should be operating within it's budget. I can't believe DrX doesn't have many different plans for many different scenarios. When he walked through the door there were many reasons for splashing the cash a bit. He got us onside for one. I have no idea if 'they' underestimated the size of the task with RDM or what. We can only speculate from the outside. Bruce's whole demeanour strikes me of a man who expected a shambles and is still surprised at the lack of desire and application at the club. The players aren't doing what he tells them for one.

We have been near to maxed out on wages for years, having the likes of Richards and Gabby doing nothing for huge money is crippling us. They need to be given the time to try and find a way of cutting the losses on half the squad. We haven't been able to do that in the past. Hutton, Westwood, Gabby, Gardner, Bacuna all getting extentions is only ok to protect the value of your asset if ANYONE wants to buy them.

We need to sort this out once and for all because it's been holding us back since the days of MON filling the squad with the likes of Habib Beye.

DrX does not strike me as a man who will put up with what Lerner let slide though. Problem is as we've seen with Ireland and Nzogbia in recent years if the desire to play isn't really there anymore we're obliged to see out their contracts and there's nothing we can do about it.

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He's very quiet at the moment isn't he?

Let's hope it's because he's tying up deals for 5 or 6 new players :)

Think he's busy with other businesses abroad - not in the uk

transfers will be left to wyness round and bruce.

surprised he hasn't tweeted recently though - maybe for the best .

Edited by Eastie

On 1/14/2017 at 20:14, markavfc40 said:

He must be wondering what he has done. Fifty odd million spent on the squad and this is what it has got him.

I feel for him but he has to take some responsibility for putting it in the wrong mans hands. I just hope it hasn't scarred him as it needs another small fortune spending on it to right another load of wrongs.

I can't help thinking along the same lines Mark.....

I would not be surprised, if that is the topical thought at the moment with Tony.

The consistent signing of players that add no value to the overall.....will inevitably bring the club down, if relatively big money has been spent....and it has, 100 mill gross in 2 windows and this is it.

I for one, am as nervous as hell, every time we sign a player.

Edited by TRO

From a business perspective, it's mental to get these deals done in 1 month. I'm never surprised that these things drag. Club and player always wait for a better offer, especially if they're in no rush to sell or the player is in no rush to move. That's why nothing really happens in Jan for ANY club and why these things just get put off until the summer.

Â