Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can't get my head around that tweet.

Simple and fair. We won't pay for him to play for others. Either cut your wage to play for another team or get paid in full but only watch (i.e. you're not going to play here).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can't get my head around that tweet.

I take from it, that either Joe or Sheffield Wednesday wanted us to pay part of his wages. So he's saying that Joe needs to take a pay cut or get fully paid by the club that want him. 

• Like 2

Interesting. He seems to have changed his tune from his Lescott tweet the other week:

Wonder if he got to breaking point with paying others wages due to the breakdown of that deal!

Edited by mikeyjavfc

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Interesting. He seems to have changed his tune from his Lescott tweet the other week:

Wonder if he got to breaking point with paying others wages due to the breakdown of that deal!

Bennet's wage's are nowhere near the levels of Lescott's I'd imagine. Subsidising Lescott effing off should be a different case to Bennet IMO. Richards is ther with Lescott and Gabby too, anything for them to go now is acceptabe, including cancelling of contracts....

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Lescott is seen as a bad influence I think. Little market value, little use on the pitch and is one of 3-4 we are desperate to get rid of.

I think it is different with Joe - younger, could develop, and (importantly) was been sold to a direct rival in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still dont understand why he blocked bennetts move, just seems a bit silly. bennett would be difference from promotion or staying in the championship 

Because he didn't want to pay part of his wages while he played for a rival.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Still dont understand why he blocked bennetts move, just seems a bit silly. bennett would be difference from promotion or staying in the championship 

Why on earth would we pay wages so a player can go and make a promotion rival stronger? Where's the sense in that?

I love Tony more and more each day!! I love how brutal and straight-forward he is. Why should we pay Sheff Weds, a rival money to tale our player? We could easily sell him and save 10-20k a week.

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Because he didn't want to pay part of his wages while he played for a rival.

Agree.  Another example here of us basically paying a player off (in all but name), as we hoped . ;)

• Like 1

Â