Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

5 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Gotta love this guy, wears his heart on his sleeve which is fine by me.

I think it was a skull on his chest, but the principle's the same.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I think the difference is the Dr has surrounded himself with football people who know what they are doing.  Lerner always seemed to employee people who were doing a job one or two levels above what they should have been. 

off topic but Richard fitzgerald knew what he was on about but lerner gave into o'neill instead of giving him the boot.that's where I think he made his biggest mistake.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Living where I do I'm well aware of Fawaz but I don't think there are many similarities to be honest.

I've never ever been ITK about anything, but I recently found out that I know a bloke who knows a bloke who is/was extremely well-connected at Forest, and the stories I've heard about how they run that place are more reminiscent of a back alley nightclub than a football club. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've never ever been ITK about anything, but I recently found out that I know a bloke who knows a bloke who is/was extremely well-connected at Forest, and the stories I've heard about how they run that place are more reminiscent of a back alley nightclub than a football club. 

I agree but that's one for another thread mate.

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

0.7 Elphicks.

4 foot 2 x 0.7 =....

Crap, whats that in metric?

Shorter than my wheelie bin.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AJ said:

4 foot 2 x 0.7 =....

Crap, whats that in metric?

Shorter than my wheelie bin.

Ha, I'd like all our players measured in wheelie bins from now on. Gestede = 1.7 WB (wheelie bins). 

Elphick = 0.2 WB.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Has anyone ever heard of collective consciousness? I honestly feel like Tony Two Phone is running this club in the way that the collective opinion of this forum would.

Look at the players bought, the narrative coming out of the club, the players frozen out or sold.....it is like an aggregate of the opinions and discussions that you read on here. Of course we have disagreements and some outlying opinions on certain players but overall the club and its dealings are now reflective of what WE want and WE believe.

No longer are we signing odd players that we havent heard of, or are a result of a computer stat analysis package, or that massively split opinions. Instead, all of our business is met with a "yeah, nice one, makes sense". In fact, going one better, a lot of this summers signings have actually been mentioned on here prior to any whiff of it in the media. If I didnt know better it is like Tony has been a long time member on here, doing his research and learning what needed to be done, not by a few suits in a boardroom, but by the army of passionate and vocal fans on here.

Anyhoo, its pretty hard to articulate, but in summary, nice one Tony, and thanks

@Deisler123 Is the inside man :ph34r:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

@Deisler123 Is the inside man :ph34r:

As much as I love a good conspiracy as well.... Deisler did arrive around the same time as Tony. 

But I think if Tony was to be on here somewhere he'd just go by "TonyXia123" :P If you're reading this Tony you might as well come clean and join in :)

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I honestly feel like Tony Two Phone is running this club in the way that the collective opinion of this forum would.

Look at the players bought, the narrative coming out of the club, the players frozen out or sold.....it is like an aggregate of the opinions and discussions that you read on here. Of course we have disagreements and some outlying opinions on certain players but overall the club and its dealings are now reflective of what WE want and WE believe.

No longer are we signing odd players that we havent heard of, or are a result of a computer stat analysis package, or that massively split opinions. Instead, all of our business is met with a "yeah, nice one, makes sense". In fact, going one better, a lot of this summers signings have actually been mentioned on here prior to any whiff of it in the media. If I didnt know better it is like Tony has been a long time member on here, doing his research and learning what needed to be done, not by a few suits in a boardroom, but by the army of passionate and vocal fans on here.

Anyhoo, its pretty hard to articulate, but in summary, nice one Tony, and thanks

I don't think there's any mystery to this. Given the club was being very badly run a few months ago, and has been for the past few years, it was almost certain that anyone coming in with a genuine wish to "do well" would pretty much soon be onside with supporters - because that simple wish is a common one.

In appointing people who know what they're doing and letting them make decisions in their areas of expertise, you're pretty much guaranteed to meet with the approval of supporters, once the results of that expertise, coupled with resources, start to be come visible.

And it doesn't take a genius to notice that a number of the players last year behaved disgracefully and need removing.

On top of that just the general feeling of goodwill and optimism, after misery and discontent is bound to make everyone feel and believe in "much better".

Honeymoon period, really. The trick is to keep it going, I guess.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think there's any mystery to this. Given the club was being very badly run a few months ago, and has been for the past few years, it was almost certain that anyone coming in with a genuine wish to "do well" would pretty much soon be onside with supporters - because that simple wish is a common one.

In appointing people who know what they're doing and letting them make decisions in their areas of expertise, you're pretty much guaranteed to meet with the approval of supporters, once the results of that expertise, coupled with resources, start to be come visible.

And it doesn't take a genius to notice that a number of the players last year behaved disgracefully and need removing.

On top of that just the general feeling of goodwill and optimism, after misery and discontent is bound to make everyone feel and believe in "much better".

Honeymoon period, really. The trick is to keep it going, I guess.

xqintIJ.gif

• Like 1

Â