Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Honestly I'd be very surprised if he has. Dr. X seems like a guy who is confident in what he does and in his own actions. The CEO's job would be to run the club and not advise on the owner's publication relations or image. (IMO of course).

Yeah, you are really getting the wrong end of the stick here................

I'm not for one minute suggesting Tony has asked permission.  I'm not doubting at all that Tony is his own man. I know the CEO's job is to run the Company. And I am not suggesting Wyness would be advising Tony on his PR.

All I said was (a) I would imagine that what Tony was intending to do on Twitter will have come up sometime 'in the beginning' - I am quite sure he wouldn't have just popped up and done it  - if he did no CEO would be very impressed.  More importantly, the bit I was talking about, was, now that it is happening, what Wyness makes of it.

FWIW I imagine he is the type of character who would think it all rather amusing, good PR, and useful fan relations.  Having said that, I am sure some of the tweets would, as a minimum, cause him to 'raise an eyebrow' shall we say.

Apart from the odd crazy twitter post I can't knock  Uncle Tony's approach. He has a clear, thought out business  strategy for improving the club home and abroad, whilst employing people who are experienced in making that vision a reality.  He had also committed significant finances to improving the team and back office processes.  

Who knows what might happen in the future, but we can only judge him on his approach so far...  and so far so good!  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like it - I think it will be a rod for the Doctor's future back, but I like that he seems to be enjoying himself and he's got dreams.

I don't think for one minute he is not aware of rods & backs.

This guy clearly knows a lot more than we do.

We have been in the doldrums with leaders of our club that has kept us down and dared us to dream.....He is in a different league imo.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he has big plans and ambitions for us, but with that last tweet I think it was written half jokingly.

.........i don't.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure that tweet wasn't meant to be taken seriously. He's already said that he's realised that his plans for the club might taker longer to achieve than he first thought.

i think thats the bit he was joking about:)

• Like 1

I'm all for dreaming, and I tend to be pretty reasonable when dreams come only partially true.  But if it takes us 6 years to be in European championship some idiots are gonna try to claim he's a liar or charlatan or something. I don't fear that. In a perverse way I kind of look forward to it.  I have a feeling he will not suffer fools lightly then either.  

Might we roar into champions of Europe again in three years, a very perverse part of me will be disappointed I didn't get to see how Dr X deals with morons who can't understand the purpose and benefit of big goals.  

I've no idea what this says but it was linked from Recon's weibo account.

' 收购老牌俱乐部维拉,使夏建统成为了媒体关注的焦点——神童学霸、哈佛博士、狂热的足球迷,这些标签都打在了这名39岁的中国企业家身上。 '

Think it might be an interview.

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

He certainly isn't sounding or acting like a 'front man', that's for sure.

I'd love to hear what Wyness thinks of all this Twitter stuff, it's clearly something that he's agreed to, he's been in the game a while, and was pretty outspoken himself, I would imagine he actually quite enjoying it - but maybe only in the way you 'enjoy' rides at Alton Towers !

Tony posting on Twitter takes the attention away from RdM and Wyness meaning they can get in with jobs away from attention (obviously RdM will still get some).

• Like 1

Â