Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one to drop in tonight and be most disappointed at the lack of communication from the owner.

Booooooo !:angry:

(To think Randy could go years without speaking..!)

it could be:

A) He is knackered

He too ,is waiting on firm news.

C) Someone has told him to curb it.

19 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I know it was said in jest, but a lack of effort and hard work is certainly one thing you could never accuse the good Doctor of.

I don't know what a typical owner does on a daily basis, but I'm exhausted just following his Twitter feed. The guy is everywhere, be it travelling the world for Villa, right through to seeing first-hand how the club shop experience in New Street could be improved.

You can see that he will instill this ethic and a winning mentality all through the club. When the U18's lost he Tweeted about the need to overhaul the infrastructure of the youth teams and academies. He wants the whole place to be in-sync with the new TD coming on board.

I get the impression he's told RDM that he can sign who he likes as long as that player is willing to fight for the cause. It may well be a honeymoon period in terms of the excitement of the window, but that sort of character is ingrained within someone. Unlike before, this example is being set at the very highest level and will be expected to be filtered down throughout the club.

Yeah he's been great so far and has definitely instilled some optimism back into the fans. We badly needed it tbf. I hope he continues on like this. 

22 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I know it was said in jest, but a lack of effort and hard work is certainly one thing you could never accuse the good Doctor of.

I don't know what a typical owner does on a daily basis, but I'm exhausted just following his Twitter feed. The guy is everywhere, be it travelling the world for Villa, right through to seeing first-hand how the club shop experience in New Street could be improved.

You can see that he will instill this ethic and a winning mentality all through the club. When the U18's lost he Tweeted about the need to overhaul the infrastructure of the youth teams and academies. He wants the whole place to be in-sync with the new TD coming on board.

I get the impression he's told RDM that he can sign who he likes as long as that player is willing to fight for the cause. It may well be a honeymoon period in terms of the excitement of the window, but that sort of character is ingrained within someone. Unlike before, this example is being set at the very highest level and will be expected to be filtered down throughout the club.

This is why at the moment I am loving his Twitter updates.  Any owner could have done a lot of these things behind the scenes (even visiting the shop outside opening times) or got other people to do it for them.  This might well have had a similar impact on people inside the club but would have left the fans in the dark.  A few bad results and any positive morale within the club could have been lost on match day.  As it is I think Tony has cleverly (either deliberately or accidentally) extended his own honeymoon period with us - as we can see all the stuff he is trying to turn around.  I've not been sceptical - but after my initial thoughts when Lerner arrived I'm definitely in the "once bitten, twice shy" camp - however, I am finding it harder and harder not to think that the Good Doctor is going to make one hell of an owner and that great things are about to happen to this club.  The first job is to get promoted but if / when we are I think we'll surprise a lot of people.  We just need to do it soon so that we don't get left behind by the TV money - although hopefully the Chinese / Indian markets will help us there.

• Like 3

Â