Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

"told by RL the squad was good enough"

Well, to be fair Randy probably believed that because Tom Fox told him so.......what other checks could he possibly have done?

Well, yes, I suppose actually go to games himself, I'll give you that. Or Look at the league table, true, but apart from watching the team play and looking at the league table how was he supposed to know the squad was not good enough?

Or maybe Randy did a fib, to sell the club? Perhaps he knew Fox was a numpty and didn't believe him, but pretended to, like in a deceptive sort of way?

Cunning or what!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

i think is a rude question asking him what his net worth is......He could reverse it and ask us, what our net worth is.....or ask how many season tickets we have bought.

We want a good football team.....that is all we should be concerned with.

Exactly, he is doing what need what needs to be done which is all we should be concerned about, he has also already indicated that he has more than enough resources to successfully run the club. They should just leave it now as it is in very poor taste.

• Like 1

Well I presume if it did get talked about it would be in responce to this...

1. With conflicting reports during the takeover and without in any way expecting to breach any individuals privacy, what sort of funding is there now for Aston Villa?

So not specifically asking for details of his personal wealth. It does seem the wrong time to be asking because as it stands he's letting his actions do the talking on that score. But can understand people wanting to know. If he turns around and say actually I'm really not very rich at all, it's not as if fans can do anything about it anyway.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

"told by RL the squad was good enough"

Well, to be fair Randy probably believed that because Tom Fox told him so.......what other checks could he possibly have done?

Well, yes, I suppose actually go to games himself, I'll give you that. Or Look at the league table, true, but apart from watching the team play and looking at the league table how was he supposed to know the squad was not good enough?

Or maybe Randy did a fib, to sell the club? Perhaps he knew Fox was a numpty and didn't believe him, but pretended to, like in a deceptive sort of way?

Cunning or what!

I don't think Dr Tone was anyway close to be taken in by that.....It was perhaps in Dr Tony's eyes quite an embarrassing declaration.

as the old saying goes don't try to kid a kidder......In my view Our new owner would lose the old one in negotiations.

Before Xia completed the takeover he was asked who is favourite player was and he said something along the lines of, I don't know there's not many good ones, and then went on to comment about having to sign players.

• Like 2

Randy Lerner was a clown of an owner. We now have someone who appears to know what he's doing. He's planning big things in two majorly populated countries - China and India - and is already making friends with the City Council.

Dr Xia also recognises the fans' frustrations about lack of communication coming out of the club and addressed that in a full on way that has made this transfer window both different and exciting. 

I hope the Doctor is here for a very long time and continues the great work he's doing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He hasn't tweeted in a while

Maybe both his phones are dead? Get charging tony

He's on a number 9 bus...a double decker, quite tall, but very little pace.....and no signal!

Edited by westholmevillan
Spelling
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, colhint said:

He really needs a brilliant song, and soon. I think he'll be back to China not too long after the transfer window to keep an eye on his other interests, with the occasional pop back.

Yeah the randy Lerner shite to sweet and sour nights song is garbage 

52 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Randy Lerner was a clown of an owner. We now have someone who appears to know what he's doing. He's planning big things in two majorly populated countries - China and India - and is already making friends with the City Council.

Dr Xia also recognises the fans' frustrations about lack of communication coming out of the club and addressed that in a full on way that has made this transfer window both different and exciting. 

I hope the Doctor is here for a very long time and continues the great work he's doing. 

I think the difference is the Dr has surrounded himself with football people who know what they are doing.  Lerner always seemed to employee people who were doing a job one or two levels above what they should have been. 

• Like 2

Â