Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

54 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I know it was said in jest, but a lack of effort and hard work is certainly one thing you could never accuse the good Doctor of.

I don't know what a typical owner does on a daily basis, but I'm exhausted just following his Twitter feed. The guy is everywhere, be it travelling the world for Villa, right through to seeing first-hand how the club shop experience in New Street could be improved.

You can see that he will instill this ethic and a winning mentality all through the club. When the U18's lost he Tweeted about the need to overhaul the infrastructure of the youth teams and academies. He wants the whole place to be in-sync with the new TD coming on board.

I get the impression he's told RDM that he can sign who he likes as long as that player is willing to fight for the cause. It may well be a honeymoon period in terms of the excitement of the window, but that sort of character is ingrained within someone. Unlike before, this example is being set at the very highest level and will be expected to be filtered down throughout the club.

Great points you make their Stan!

I said that one of our biggest problems with Randy Lerner was that he seemed like he just could not be bothered from a few years ago and when a gaffer is like that the staff lose their motivation and just stop trying, which is what we saw from the team last season.

Having a main man (Dr Tony) that is full of enthusiasm and seems to want only the best can surely only mean better performances from the players and a winning mentality being created within all aspects of the football club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

I don't use twitter, but i regularly go on just to check his tweets.

Can somebody tweet him telling him to make an account on VT, how good would it be for him to post before and after each game and interact with us:clap:

We had that with Krulak. If you ever needed an example of something ending in tears, just look at that thread!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

I don't use twitter, but i regularly go on just to check his tweets.

Can somebody tweet him telling him to make an account on VT, how good would it be for him to post before and after each game and interact with us:clap:

Nicky Keye will Note be Happy!

(if she survived the cull that is)

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Villa wearing him out, Seems he has spent all of his prehistoric powers.

As long as he hasn't spent all of his money all is good ;)

He wasn't kidding.... no Tweet from the Doc today.

Hopefully because he's busy, instead of being drained of all his powers.

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Villa wearing him out, Seems he has spent all of his prehistoric powers.

As long as he hasn't spent all of his money all is good ;)

Maybe the Doctor was getting used to his new tag of being the next Hairyhands. Not sure if Hairypalms is as good a name though! :ph34r: 

I was getting so disillusioned with what was going on at villa that I haven't been to a game since we beat hull at home under Lambert. Along with having 2 young children, 1 and 3. But, thanks to what the big Doctor has done for us, I am now organising my next trip to VP with a group of mates for Blackburn on 5th November and also planning Leeds on New Years Eve. 

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Dr Tony for everything he has done for this football club so far. If Deisler could pass this on to him!! Long may it continue!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I was getting so disillusioned with what was going on at villa that I haven't been to a game since we beat hull at home under Lambert. Along with having 2 young children, 1 and 3. But, thanks to what the big Doctor has done for us, I am now organising my next trip to VP with a group of mates for Blackburn on 5th November and also planning Leeds on New Years Eve. 

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Dr Tony for everything he has done for this football club so far. If Deisler could pass this on to him!! Long may it continue!

Bandwagon fan :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Has anyone ever heard of collective consciousness? I honestly feel like Tony Two Phone is running this club in the way that the collective opinion of this forum would.

Look at the players bought, the narrative coming out of the club, the players frozen out or sold.....it is like an aggregate of the opinions and discussions that you read on here. Of course we have disagreements and some outlying opinions on certain players but overall the club and its dealings are now reflective of what WE want and WE believe.

No longer are we signing odd players that we havent heard of, or are a result of a computer stat analysis package, or that massively split opinions. Instead, all of our business is met with a "yeah, nice one, makes sense". In fact, going one better, a lot of this summers signings have actually been mentioned on here prior to any whiff of it in the media. If I didnt know better it is like Tony has been a long time member on here, doing his research and learning what needed to be done, not by a few suits in a boardroom, but by the army of passionate and vocal fans on here.

Anyhoo, its pretty hard to articulate, but in summary, nice one Tony, and thanks

Its a very worthwhile observation and one I agree with.

Fans can easily be dismissed by clubs .....but at your peril in my view.

There are thousands of years of experience in the crowd and its folly to ignore them.

If we don't know what we are talking about in terms of football, we have most certainly been wasting our money and time.

I believe Tony knows all that.

Tony,IMO is a very good listener and extremely savvy in sifting through that information to help him make informed decisions.....He doesn't let ego get in the way and I would say his humility is his strongest asset. His ability to communicate is formidable and he is comfortable in the presence of Princes or Paupers.

Thats my take on him......Top Man

Ps as for his workrate....phenomenal.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I know it was said in jest, but a lack of effort and hard work is certainly one thing you could never accuse the good Doctor of.

I don't know what a typical owner does on a daily basis, but I'm exhausted just following his Twitter feed. The guy is everywhere, be it travelling the world for Villa, right through to seeing first-hand how the club shop experience in New Street could be improved.

You can see that he will instill this ethic and a winning mentality all through the club. When the U18's lost he Tweeted about the need to overhaul the infrastructure of the youth teams and academies. He wants the whole place to be in-sync with the new TD coming on board.

I get the impression he's told RDM that he can sign who he likes as long as that player is willing to fight for the cause. It may well be a honeymoon period in terms of the excitement of the window, but that sort of character is ingrained within someone. Unlike before, this example is being set at the very highest level and will be expected to be filtered down throughout the club.

Good post Stan

• Like 1

Can somebody on titter ask him if we are getting any loan fee's for all these loans shipped out please. 

Im sure the good Dr will oblige from twitter posts uploaded. 

Thanks

Edited by Kingman

Â