Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think the board realised what changes needed to be made and starting preparing to make those changes. I then believe Lerner stepped in and said I'm not prepared to do X,Y and Z as I don't want to spend that.

Bernstein and King said cheerio

This is exactly what the hells happened. I think we all should send rotten eggs to lerners home address. Just show what he has done to the club the scumbag coward

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This is exactly what the hells happened. I think we all should send rotten eggs to lerners home address. Just show what he has done to the club the scumbag coward

Yeah that'll help...

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think the board realised what changes needed to be made and starting preparing to make those changes. I then believe Lerner stepped in and said I'm not prepared to do X,Y and Z as I don't want to spend that.

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.

I think that is exactly what happened. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Also makes me wonder how these letters are getting out. I mean is this common? Every other resignation like Tom Fox' did his letter leak out? Something tells me not only did Hollis know this was going to happen, but he's facilitating the spreading of this info cause surely only he and maybe Lerner would have hard copies of this?

That's my thoughts

Guys seriously we need to read the rule book. Surely there is a fit and proper rule regulating who owns the club? If Hollis resigns who the hell will be running the club????

this guy is not fit to run the club

I love the way that Bernstein rubs it in in the last paragraph of his resignation letter, he knows we are fooked:

“I am very sorry it has come to this and wish the supporters and employees every success in the future as the club grapples with the challenges of life in the Championship.

Regards, David Bernstein.

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I don't think the resignations were about money - with player sales any new manager would have a healthy budget for the championship. I honestly think Randy has literally just ignored them.

It is pure and simple budget for new manager.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

just in time for the summer? we've been here before.

Dunno, the whole post reads :-

It is with regret that Aston Villa Football Club today announces the resignations of Mervyn King and David Bernstein as directors of the Club.

The Club would like to thank both for all their efforts throughout their short time as members of the Board.

A search to appoint a new manager remains a priority.

The Chairman, Steve Hollis, is currently engaged in extensive negotiations in relation to the sale of the Club.

Brian Little will continue to advise the Chairman on all football related matters.

Just now, Richard said:

It is pure and simple budget for new manager.

But someone like Bruce can come in and actually make a net profit from player sales AND stay competitive as he has done at Hull - so why is budget an issue?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Guys seriously we need to read the rule book. Surely there is a fit and proper rule regulating who owns the club? If Hollis resigns who the hell will be running the club????

I've just checked, and in cases such as these the club captain assumes total control. So we'll be fine.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-06-at-18.26.02-1000x

• Like 3

Everytime I get out of work I look at my phone and Google 'aston villa' to see what the latest news is.

I'd say for about 6/7 months now my reaction has been a constant :crylaugh:

We are so **** pathetic it's hilarious.

I'm negative tho remember.....

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Personally, I think that is exactly what has happened. All this speculation about a sale is bollocks IMO and people are falling yet again for the club's grubby spin.

• Like 1