Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Just now, Mantis said:

Aside from Lerner being the cause of the resignations I don't think there's anything clear about this yet.

Oh give it a rest. Firstly, a lot of people are speculating just like you. Secondly, just because somebody has a different opinion to you doesn't mean they're "deluding themselves".

I think you're deluding yourself. 

• Like 2

I read that as their progress within the club. edit: in regards to changing the culture

Maybe. But it was sandwiched between two specific references to the club needing to be sold.

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

"guys, please come in, sort the mess out. You've got free rein to do whatever is required to get us back"

"OK, Randolph, here's what we need to do"

"Nah"

Basically.

Just now, Mantis said:

Maybe Lerner and the board were preparing for next season and he's been stalling because he thinks a sale will be completed soon?

I think the board realised what changes needed to be made and starting preparing to make those changes. I then believe Lerner stepped in and said I'm not prepared to do X,Y and Z as I don't want to spend that.

Bernstein and King said cheerio

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree with a previous poster on their thoughts on this disclosure of a sale and extensive talks - Randy has never communicated such information before and if this is anything like the browns, the sale will happen fast - IMHO. 

It has to be this otherwise the club is directly lying to us when they know leaked resignation letters are floating around. They can't be that stupid, surely. 

10 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

And both letters are written without any sort of dig at Hollis. It doesn't appear that he is the problem - just a guy trying to find a solution. Bernstein and King have fallen on their swords; and with the letters coming out so quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if Hollis knew this would happen.

Also makes me wonder how these letters are getting out. I mean is this common? Every other resignation like Tom Fox' did his letter leak out? Something tells me not only did Hollis know this was going to happen, but he's facilitating the spreading of this info cause surely only he and maybe Lerner would have hard copies of this?

I think an offer to buy the club has been put on the table, at a lower price than Randolph is willing to accept. They believed he should accept as new owners would have been able to financially back the club. Randolph won't budge on the asking price just because we've gone down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Something tells me not only did Hollis know this was going to happen, but he's facilitating the spreading of this info cause surely only he and maybe Lerner would have hard copies of this?

Maybe they're in cahoots with the AVPG? ;)