Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I think both letters read like this.

'We were employed with the remit of identifying the problems at the club, we believe we have done this, we have made our recommendations to the owner who hasn't given us his backing to implement change'

100% and this arsehole Lerner has ruined us yet again

1 minute ago, av1 said:

'We were employed with the remit of identifying the problems at the club, we believe we have done this, we have made our recommendations to the owner who hasn't given us his backing to implement change'

We've identified the problems at the club, and we present our recommendations which will ensure the club returns to it's former glories in the very near future. So **** off Mr Lerner.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Yeah that's basically the gist of it. At this point it's deciphering whether the talk of extensive sale talks is legit or not. If it is legit then Lerner may have ignored it knowing it's no longer his problem, the club is practically not his any more. If they aren't legit then Lerner ignored whatever knowledge was sent his way and we're now in even more trouble than we were yesterday.

• Like 1

If the sale thing is relevant at all, perhaps Bernstein and King did not approve of the interested party - after all, King in particular knows a thing or two about money and whose got it versus A. N. Other Crook. Lerner is definitely capable of selling to the latter. Unlikely, I know, but with him in charge, nothing is impossible...

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its got to the point that it feels like Lerner is just trolling us now.

It does feel like that. If a Nose had took over with the intention of destroying us he couldn't have done a better job.

• Like 1

Surely something postive must come out of all this nonsense, must it not? Everton getting New Owners, Swansea getting new owner, I refuse to think that those clubs infrastructures are so much better than ours that we don't have people interested. Certain Lerner is the problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Daweii said:

Yeah that's basically the gist of it. At this point it's deciphering whether the talk of extensive sale talks is legit or not. If it is legit then Lerner may have ignored it knowing it's no longer his problem, the club is practically not his any more. If they aren't legit then Lerner ignored whatever knowledge was sent his way and we're now in even more trouble than we were yesterday.

I'm not sure why both would have felt the need to quit if a sale was imminent. King's final sentence talks about the importance of finding a new owner, that sentence doesn't lend itself to the notion that a sale is imminent.  

I'm pretty sure it's the latter given the not subtle leaking of the resignation letters

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'd like to think that with the Panama papers scandal theres a load of rich people needing to find a new place to put their cash :lol:

Can't think of a worse investment than this **** football club. 

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

I've got a horrible feeling that Lerner will pocket the parachute payments to make some of his money back, not put a penny into the club and leave us to rot for a few years :(

Only if he's going to stop paying the players

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

'We were employed with the remit of identifying the problems at the club, we believe we have done this, we have made our recommendations to the owner who has told us he's not spending another dime on this goddam soccer club'

Fixed