Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Just now, Mantis said:

Maybe Lerner and the board were preparing for next season and he's been stalling because he thinks a sale will be completed soon?

I think some of you are clutching at straws.

I think, looking at history, that it is clear exactly what the issue is here.

Nobody is coming to save us. We are doomed.

Just now, Mantis said:

Maybe Lerner and the board were preparing for next season and he's been stalling because he thinks a sale will be completed soon?

Stalling on a sale as he wants more money more like it and doesn't want to implement any initiatives that cost money. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

"New leadership is desperately needed... We were able to make a start... Progress has stalled... "

I read that as their progress within the club. edit: in regards to changing the culture

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I think some of you are clutching at straws.

I think, looking at history, that it is clear exactly what the issue is here.

Nobody is coming to save us. We are doomed.

Aside from Lerner being the cause of the resignations I don't think there's anything clear about this yet.

Just now, Richard said:

People trying to think there is a sale imminent are wrong,  massively wrong and deluding themselves

Oh give it a rest. Firstly, a lot of people are speculating just like you. Secondly, just because somebody has a different opinion to you doesn't mean they're "deluding themselves".

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if aside from overhaul Ideas, Bernstein and King had takeover plans/buyers and their proposals were rejected? Hence the mention of sale needed?

Just thinking the same.  Maybe they had found a buyer or backers but Lerner has said no.  Parts of the letter suggest that could have been the case. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Sounds to me like they expected a sale, and were sold the job on that promise, and things have stalled.

Sounds to me like they didn't expect a sale, however Lerner being slightly deranged and living on 'Planet Silver Spoon in Your Mouth' appointed the Board for the Hello of it, and as usual within Five minutes into a New 5 Year plan or similar had a complete about turn on some new whim.

I suspect that there is a buyer precipitated by the confirmed relegation and Lerner is gonna bite their hand off as every one in the UK knows he's a loon, and actually John Du Pont (Foxcatcher) in disguise and will shortly shoot some one, possibly his new toys Bernstein or King, and they have jumped before he pulls the trigger.

All smells very bad though, and he is finding new ways of humiliating the fan base. We are actually doomed.