Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Another thought - this came up on the first working day after relegation, at about 10:00amUS time.

Perhaps plans were agreed about what would happen once relegation was confirmed then something would happen - like a new manager. It would suggest that a discussion with Randy this morning has led to this (this is pure speculation, but the timing is amazing)

Bevington also tweeted something about supporters on Saturday, after saying he wouldn't comment on AVFC on his personal account.

Edited by Pez1974

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Maybe they have been working on the take over and now it's been confirmed we are down Randy has suddenly moved the goal posts in asking price and derailed the deal ? 

Wouldn't that be a good moving of the goal posts though? If he did this then he'd likely be asking for less money which for any would be buyer is likely a good thing.. Lerner is stupid but even I doubt he would raise the price of the club after going down to an even lesser league.

42 minutes ago, philthevillan said:

It's odd they have referred to the sale of the club as usually this would be a guarded secret, unless it is very close. 

My optimistic guess is that they were brought in to implement changes but those are now on hold as the club is to be sold.

New owners would be wanting to do things their own way. Let's just hope that's the case. 

My cynical guess would be that the sale line is PR spin and that Randy is obstructing any real change being implemented by the football board. 

As ever though the reality is I'm as clueless as Randy's been for the past 10 years.

I think exactly the same on both accounts.

• Like 1

Things seemed to at least be getting better with this new board put together and 2 of them have already resigned within a couple of weeks. This whole club really is in a terrible, terrible place right now. 

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

What an absolute shambles.

Best case scenario, new owners and Moyes and no longer needing these guys, as the extensive negotiation are near to bearing fruit 

I'd be interested to know what, if anything, in Bernstein or King's resignation letters supports any of that?

Edited by briny_ear

43 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The Letter doesn't state a sale which makes me think it's probably all rubbish.

Or the reporting lines didnt make it as far as them regards the sale and Holis is the only one Lerner told about the sale which has pissed them off.

58 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Bernsteins letter doesnt suggest a sale

Bernstein letter.jpg

The thing is about this letter, is that it wishes supporters and employees every success but not Lerner or Hollis. I'd have thought if it wasn't these two that have made him want to leave, he would have wished them well also. For what it's worth I'm convinced that its Hollis and Lerner refusing to implement the very changes that they employed the board to make.

Just f*ck off Lerner. You're like a cancer eating away at our club. What a great legacy you've created for yourself. Everything you touch turns to shit. 

Edited by London Villa
Posted before I read Mervin Kings letter

There was a twenty minute period there where i was quite optimistic with it looking like we were in with a good shot of getting Moyes.

But no, the abortion of a man that is Randolph Lerner strikes again.

Edited by MrSmirch
Sp
  • Like 1

It's beyond belief. Clearly these guys had an idea of how to start to put things right but Randy "Clearly not a Learner" has screwed things up. How on earth can one individual be allowed to buy a club with our traditions and time after time after time make us into the laughing stock. For god sake sell the club to anyone, it cannot get any worse! It might not mean anything to you but it means alot to us do us.

Sure Moyes will be desperate to sign now. 

It's just one f***up after another.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Or the reporting lines didnt make it as far as them regards the sale and Holis is the only one Lerner told about the sale which has pissed them off.

That or they just didn't mention it as talk of sales is normally kept incredibly private. They may have left it out in case their resignation letters got out knowing that the club itself may not want to mention such matters. 

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I only got an automated reply to my email to Mervyn.  Apparently Rachel is out of the office until tomorrow.  Make of that what you will.

It's Rachel's day off :D

• Like 1

I think both letters read like this.

'We were employed with the remit of identifying the problems at the club, we believe we have done this, we have made our recommendations to the owner who hasn't given us his backing to implement change'