Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm a bit sceptical of this footballing board so I'm not just going to take it as a given that what they wanted to do was actually a good idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well they wanted it to be different to what we have been doing, so I doubt it was a bad thing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What does that mean 'don't lend themselves to compromise'?

Take the context, he talks about the problems being massive and to fix it needs radical changes - no compromising on the changes needed to fix the shit basically.

Interesting to see what Sir Brian does. He won't want to hurt the club, but if he see's the direction and doesn't like it - he must know that him going would cause a **** meltdown the like of which we've never seen.

Lescott might just get out of the next game scot-free!

Bernstein was at Man City from 1998-2003 and the FA from 2011-2013. He has been at Villa for one month. His reputation is not exactly one of fly by night which concerns me greatly. Mervyn King is a huge Villa fan so will be acting within the best interests of the club. Reading between the lines but my worry with the official statement regarding a sale is that a buyer has come in who Bernstein and King have opposed. Perhaps the compromise is that they wanted to set the club structure in before the take over but were told no.  

I'm not saying I believe a sale is close and tbh I don't believe anything that comes out of the club but I don't buy into this idea that the sale line is all just PR because it gains absolutely nothing. Hinting that a sale might be imminent when you know it isn't is only going to get more anger, not less further down the line. Just because we hear something from the club we like doesn't automatically make it "PR".

Of course, there's every possibility that a sale is either further away than the club think it is or that it could break down due to Lerner.

No sale.  Issue is that they have approached managers been asked about funding  sought assurances from Lerner on the basis that this is required in order to make the changes that they have recommended and Lerner has given no assurances,  in fact the spendthrift strategy remains.  This is why we have seen the press articles in the last day or so. This means that their positions are untenable as their recommendations for how the club could improve cannot be implemented. They do not want therefore to be stitched up as the fall guys.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Surely King must have a few banker mates with the odd couple of hundred million quid down then back of the sofa?

I'd like to think that with the Panama papers scandal theres a load of rich people needing to find a new place to put their cash :lol:

And both letters are written without any sort of dig at Hollis. It doesn't appear that he is the problem - just a guy trying to find a solution. Bernstein and King have fallen on their swords; and with the letters coming out so quickly, it wouldn't surprise me if Hollis knew this would happen.

• Like 1

Randy, don't ever come back to VP, stay in the states because if you choose to come over here again you won't make it out the building you **** word removed.

I hope you become penniless and end up on the streets and I wouldn't give you the steam off my piss.

Go **** yourself you **** **** word removed.

• Like 3