Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

I know I'm late to the party but... Jesus ***** Christ!! What the hell is going on in that retarded mans head? Just when we start to feel like things could settle, this happens. It must be something big, King wouldn't just resign like that over a minor disagreement. 

His letter doesn't seem to indicate that a sale is lined up right now. My bet is they put a proposal to Lerner that detailed the sweeping changes that need to be made to make us successful again and he said no, not if it involves me spending any money.

7 minutes ago, AValon said:

God help this coward if he shows his face at VP again. 

I would happily gamble everything i own (which isn't much) that Lerner will never visit Birmingham again. 

This is absolutely mental, can't believe it. The one diamond in this massive pile of shit was this new football board that was going to lead us into a bright new area.

My take on this is all based around the fact it seems we need a "radical solution". I think that solution involved paying off certain members of the playing squad that are the rotten core of the club in order to get rid of them, and I suspect Lerner has vetoed this because he doesn't want to pay them off and lose out on potential transfer fees. Bernstein and King have probably pointed out that noone is going to want to buy any of our players, and they have then reached an impasse. I would be surprised if this is also related to the redundancies of non-playing staff as well.

The circus continues.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Do Bernstein and King's resignation letters have to be made public? 

If not, that is a key indication we a deep in the shit, as they will have leaked them with purpose. The fact they have been published so quickly after a announcement would make this look likely anyway.

No they don't have to be made public.

King's letter is the original, so either he made 2 copies to leak one of them (which is a fairly big step in the professional world); or it came from the club. If it came from the club, either a very senior employee has gone rogue (and will probably lose their job as I suspect these things aren't passed around to many people), or Hollis is in on it - in which case Randy is on his own.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Who actually leaked the letters anyway? Bernstein/King or the club?

My thought was always Hollis did it, but it's possible Bernstein/King did it.

• Like 1

I don't like how some people are implying that because they personally feel that going to games (and thus giving the club money) is indirectly supporting Lerner that everybody else should hold the same view and therefore not go to games either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I actually missed the bit about 'extensive sale discussions' on the OS first time around. 

It sounds like Bernstein & King wanted to appoint a manager, go ahead with making the changes necessary and that Hollis has put a block on it due to these sale talks - ie. Don't want to appoint a manager these new people won't want. B&K have said 'Sod ya' and walked.

If this is the scenario though - why would the resignation letters be leaked? Why are they aggressive, and pissed off in the tone? Perhaps they weren't aware of these sale talks? Perhaps they have been invented so that fans don't go quite as ape-shit as they might otherwise. The second is a ridiculous theory, but I struggle to reason for the tone of the letters, and the way it's been leaked. But why then say the search for a new manager is also a priority still? None of this makes any sense at all.

This is the first time I can remember them every mentioning that talks were on-going with a party re: a sale. Which suggests either it is close, or they feel they need to release it as they are worried about the crap they are about to get.

You know, I wasn't too bothered about relegation on Saturday. It was coming, we deserved it, and we're currently a pathetic football club. But this - this has upset me. B&K had made incisive, good decisions and were pushing us forward. I was quite optimistic to be honest. Now? We're going straight down to League One at the moment. The club is spiralling out of control. With an owner who doesn't care, without a CEO, board, or manager. 

Still at least we've got Paddy Reilly, eh?

At the risk of repeating myself, I think anyone buying a season ticket next year is approving of Randy Lerner's ownership and seriously needs to question themselves.

One can only hope this is the reasoning. Otherwise, it all sounds like a trainwreck and we're in for more suffering.

Crikey, just got in, read this thread and seen the letters!  I've not commented much on the board matters at the club because in all honestly, I feel a little out of my comfort zone with it all but this really smacks of a complete meltdown. Five years the club has been on it's knees and now this.  People who actually care about the direction of the club, resigning?  What next Little?  Whichever way you look at it, this isn't good and why have these letters been made public?  Moreover, i don't see them wishing Lerner, Hollis well for the future either.  How does any potential manager feel now?  Have to say that I am more disappointed with this news today than I was with the realisation of relegation on Saturday, as least I was prepared for Saturday.  Very disappointed and fear that we and other people that care about the club are being hoodwinked. 

• Like 2

Oh great. The tiny glimmer of hope for next season has been sniffed out already. My opinion is that they have been brought into advise, and Lerner has ignored them,

He is going to sell who he can, trouser the parachute payment, appoint a Neil Holloway type manager and give him a £5 mil player budget.

It is far more likely we will be in league one in 2017/18 than the premier league, unless our dear owner sells up. Now.

If Hollis was to walk and leave Lerner on his own then couldn't us Villa fans storm the Bastille and take control of the club?

Lerners not gonna be within 2000 miles of Villa Park. We can't do any worse than him to be fair. 

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Maybe, although by all accounts the football board were keen on Pearson weren't they?

Maybe Moyes expressed his interest in managing the club and the board splintered over the decision. So many things to speculate at this moment.

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I actually missed the bit about 'extensive sale discussions' on the OS first time around. 

It sounds like Bernstein & King wanted to appoint a manager, go ahead with making the changes necessary and that Hollis has put a block on it due to these sale talks - ie. Don't want to appoint a manager these new people won't want. B&K have said 'Sod ya' and walked.

If this is the scenario though - why would the resignation letters be leaked? Why are they aggressive, and pissed off in the tone? Perhaps they weren't aware of these sale talks? Perhaps they have been invented so that fans don't go quite as ape-shit as they might otherwise. struggle to reason for the tone of the letters, and the way it's been leaked. But why then say the search for a new manager is also a priority still? None of this makes any sense at all.

This is the first time I can remember them every mentioning that talks were on-going with a party re: a sale. Which suggests either it is close, or they feel they need to release it as they are worried about the crap they are about to get.

Dude, the club statement was a reaction to the leaked resignation letters which preceded it. The board went to the press. The sale thing is bullshit PR damage control.

• Like 4