Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

I cant understand what the link would be between a sale being close and bernstein and king resigning?

Appointing a manager if the club is soon to be taken over would be a possible example:

Hypothetically the football board say "Get Pearson (or whoever) in now, to start work immediately" and Hollis (or RL) say "the club may be bought by [X] so we can't appoint a manager they might not want, we need to wait and see what transpires".

• Like 3

His letter is on Twitter, says that we need a radical overhaul and it's all or nothing

sounds like they've set up a football board who have analysed it given their opinion on it and then someone has tried to cherry pick which bits of it they agree with rendering them pointless

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'd be interested to know what Bernstein and King wanted to do.

My guess.

Could it be that after the review, the fundamental problems they discovered are the players? The recommendations were to f##k them off, and Hollis/Lerner have sad no. 

I wouldn't read much into the sales discussion. It doesn't really mean anything until theres someone seriously ready to buy.

The undermining thing is more interesting. Not good. Things are going to get worse.

Just now, blandy said:

Appointing a manager if the club is soon to be taken over would be a possible example:

Hypothetically the football board say "Get Pearson (or whoever) in now, to start work immediately" and Hollis (or RL) say "the club may be bought by [X] so we can't appoint a manager they might not want, we need to wait and see what transpires".

Could be.

Maybe new potential owner wants Moyes but RL doesn't want him on the wage bill incase sale falls through....

It's odd they have referred to the sale of the club as usually this would be a guarded secret, unless it is very close. 

My optimistic guess is that they were brought in to implement changes but those are now on hold as the club is to be sold.

New owners would be wanting to do things their own way. Let's just hope that's the case. 

My cynical guess would be that the sale line is PR spin and that Randy is obstructing any real change being implemented by the football board. 

As ever though the reality is I'm as clueless as Randy's been for the past 10 years.

• Like 1

Just when we think that "stability "is returning to us ....that dastardly old train"disruption" pulls in to the station.

True to form the letter can be interpretted in many ways.

until someone comes out and clearly defines what has transpired.....we can only speculate.

what a bloody body blow.....is an inevitable reaction.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm a bit sceptical of this footballing board so I'm not just going to take it as a given that what they wanted to do was actually a good idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ah now, I never implied it was going to be a good idea ;)