Bernstein/King resign?

Delphinho123

Seriously, what the **** is going on.

I thought we were a shambles but this is unbelieveable. The people to fix the problem gone after what, 2 months. Naively I thought things couldn't get much worse.

Lerner has to go, simple. I'm all for absolute anarchy right now, sick of Aston villa being dragged through the **** dirt over and over. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Surely something postive must come out of all this nonsense, must it not? Everton getting New Owners, Swansea getting new owner, I refuse to think that those clubs infrastructures are so much better than ours that we don't have people interested. Certain Lerner is the problem.

Hope so. But it looks like even darker days ahead.

A couple of thoughts... Maybe the board wasn't happy with the manager appointment and resigned over the choice. Pearson was chosen and Bernstein and King aren't on board with that. Another thought... Bernstein and King aren't happy with the potential direction of the club if a sale is to go through. Either way there's little that can be positively spun out of this news.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm not sure why both would have felt the need to quit if a sale was imminent. King's final sentence talks about the importance of finding a new owner, that sentence doesn't lend itself to the notion that a sale is imminent.  

I think King is practically saying as a Villa fan, 'Lerner is really as bad as you think he is, we need a better owner'.

• Like 3

I think the board has basically spelled it out to the American that radical changes have to be implemented immediately, beginning with the sale of the club and the ******* has dug his heels in.

God help this coward if he shows his face at VP again. 

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

A couple of thoughts... Maybe the board wasn't happy with the manager appointment and resigned over the choice. Pearson was chosen and Bernstein and King aren't on board with that. Another thought... Bernstein and King aren't happy with the potential direction of the club if a sale is to go through. Either way there's little that can be positively spun out of this news.

Maybe, although by all accounts the football board were keen on Pearson weren't they?

Suppose this was all a ploy to get the expertise of the "Football Board" on the cheap, then blackballing them when they had outlined all the solutions? lol. no need to pay them long term anymore, and just implement the changes.

Do Bernstein and King's resignation letters have to be made public? 

If not, that is a key indication we a deep in the shit, as they will have leaked them with purpose. The fact they have been published so quickly after a announcement would make this look likely anyway.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Suppose this was all a ploy to get the expertise of the "Football Board" on the cheap, then blackballing them when they had outlined all the solutions? lol. no need to pay them long term anymore, and just implement the changes.

As much as it's a dick move if that was the idea then the club eventually benefits. It's more that it's very short sighted if that was the case as while these issues may be fixed, future ones that arise may need their expertise again.

3 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I'm all for hating on Lerner but I don't think it is fair to judge him on this as we don't know exactly what 'radical' idea was suggested.

That's a fair point, but I can't believe that Bernstein - with a massive knowledge of the game; and Lord King - a huge Villa fan and successful profession; - would have suggested something stupid. And for it to be something that they can't compromise on, it has to be something vital to the club.

Lerner is being, and will continue to be crucified over this. He needs to sell or talk, because it will get a lot worse for him - and that will likely be worse for the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Razor said:

Everyone needs to stay away and stop giving Lerner money so it forces him to sell on the cheap. I find it pretty annoying that people are still giving him their money.

We lost £20+ million last year? I'm not sure he's made any money from Villa, hence how much he's cut the budget. We need him out five years ago. 

Just now, Razor said:

Everyone needs to stay away and stop giving Lerner money so it forces him to sell on the cheap. I find it pretty annoying that people are still giving him their money.

You can't fault people for supporting their club, why should they walk away and let him win?

• Like 3