New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

39 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The Lion looks badass.

57 minutes ago, supertommyjohnson said:

If you scroll down to the bottom of the story on the OS, you can see the new badge in a link that doesn't go anywhere

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5475573,00.html?

0,,10265-14481218,00.jpg

I have to say, that's a massive improvement.

The copy put on the trademark website didn't do it justice.

The deeper yellow really helps.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Hopefully we can have that embossed version on the shirt, instead of the tacky, flat, iron-on version we've had since changing the badge last time.

For the amount the shirt costs I want a real life lion with it.

• Like 3

Yep, the badge does actually look pretty good in real life. Also kudos to the club for coming out and actually conmunicating the thinking behind it and the real costs. 

Now need to pick something new to moan about ;)

Its a lazy assed minor cosmetic tweak to the abomination we currently have, and at that price an insult. It is the old Doug era lion given some inner etching slapped on the current crest, with the AVFC made bold and prepared taken off. As a graphic designer I wouldn't put my name to such a piss poor effort.

• Like 1

Less bad, but we should have gone for this:

ass-town-red-wine_844584_640xauto.png

I think it was floated but it was shot down when they realised we weren't 'ready for soccer'.

• Like 2

If the Mail hadn't run such an inflammatory story yesterday I'd say we'd all have just agreed the lion looks better and moved on. Instead people get inflamed over the £2m and expect an all singing and dancing new badge or they've moaned over the fee. If the lion looks like the photo on the new kit it'll be a big improvement. 

• Like 1