New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

So it's basically laser removal surgery to remove the "prepared" that Lerner though was a good idea to add to the tattoo badge when drunk one night in Vegas?

Money well spent!

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the lions bigger, leaving less space and makes it look less washed out. There's only one font.
I think it's an improvement. But it's slight. Very very slight.

It's all subjective really but to me the lion being that big just draws attention to how shit it is. It looks like a dragon lion hybrid with arthritis. 

I do agree on the singular typeface though. The last one used for prepared looked like it was scrawled by a child.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

How sure is everyone that the "new badge" on the previous page is actually the genuine new badge?  Or are people just assuming?

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

How sure is everyone that the "new badge" on the previous page is actually the genuine new badge?  Or are people just assuming?

good point, but aren't people getting it from a trademark filed by the club?

Anyway, I'm not normally a jump to conclusions type of person but every time I've given the club and those involved with it the benefit of the doubt I've been let down. It's hard to trust that this, considering it was all done under Fox et al, is a remotely clever decision.

57 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It doesn't make much sense. As I said I like the current one but this new one just looks like a knock-off.

Could be that it was registered as someone had made a load of knock offs with that on and the club wanted to go after them. It's easier if they own the trademark already.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Could be that it was registered as someone had made a load of knock offs with that on and the club wanted to go after them. It's easier if they own the trademark already.

feyonce-tank-on-black-bridal-bliss.jpg

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well given that 1. the mail have reported that the lion's claws are back and the prepared word has been been removed 2. The club have filed a trademark for a crest that matches exactly the mails description, I'd say we can be fairly confident that it's the new badge.

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well given that 1. the mail have reported that the lion's claws are back and the prepared word has been been removed 2. The club have filed a trademark for a crest that matches exactly the mails description, I'd say we can be fairly confident that it's the new badge.

As villa89 says. We don't know for sure but as it has been filed as an EU trademark and it matches the description the media are reporting, I would say it's 95% certain. Also, it has been filed under so many classifications that it pretty much can't not be the new badge as by doing so they're sort of saying that they will be using the badge on all merchandise and other items (such as the kit). So we can be confident it hasn't been filed to cover, say, a one off piece of merchandise.

I don't think that could be the case as it is so similar to our current badge that (almost ironically) use of this 'new design' would definitely be trade mark infringement anyway as well as a breach of copyright and definite passing off.

If you are going to make a change, make a **** change.

I would have rather they went all out and made some completely revolutionary, maybe even bizarre, maybe even complete shit...but at least it wouid have been different.

That badge is absolutely pathetic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How much you asking for?

I'll give you £2m.

I'll do it for half of that. (although i actually stole it from another site)

I think they should just have a vote at the remaining home games on whether we have this new badge or the old round one. I know there is probably a lot of design work involved preparing the new design for every bit or merchandising or marketing materials - but £2 million for this? My god. So glad Fox has left the building, what a feckin idiot.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think they should just have a vote at the remaining home games on whether we have this new badge or the old round one. I know there is probably a lot of design work involved preparing the new design for every bit or merchandising or marketing materials - but £2 million for this? My god. So glad Fox has left the building, what a feckin idiot.

they arent interested in what the 30k people inside VP think, they arent marketing it at you, they've already got you

look at west hams new badge, they've stuck "london" on it, thats not for the benefit of their existing fan base