New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

All the shitbox clubs look like they're jumping on the "Look at us, we're London, we're significant" angle. QPR were the first to do it. You can see why, I suppose. They're not big enough to be known on their own merit outside of their traditional market of Britain & Ireland. Only Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea would have any kind of global brand beyond the normal 'being part of that Premier League thing'. In a way it's West Ham acknowledging that they're too small for people to be expected to know where the f**k they come from.

In a way it's one reason I like the ID on our badge.  We don't even need to tell people our name.  There is only one AVFC*

* And I don't want any of that 'Ashtown Villa FC' shite either from the Irish contingent ;)

44 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

Having seen what looks like West Ham's badge change that is going ahead, we -MAY- have got off very lightly here.

_76346943_whufc-new-badge-300x300.jpg

LONDON! WE'RE IN LONDON YOU KNOW! TOURISTY LIKE! PLEASE DON'T THINK WE'RE NOT FROM LONDON!

At last, a badge that is worse than ours. That is bloody awful.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

All the shitbox clubs look like they're jumping on the "Look at us, we're London, we're significant" angle. QPR were the first to do it. You can see why, I suppose. They're not big enough to be known on their own merit outside of their traditional market of Britain & Ireland. Only Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea would have any kind of global brand beyond the normal 'being part of that Premier League thing'. In a way it's West Ham acknowledging that they're too small for people to be expected to know where the f**k they come from.

In a way it's one reason I like the ID on our badge.  We don't even need to tell people our name.  There is only one AVFC*

* And I don't want any of that 'Ashtown Villa FC' shite either from the Irish contingent ;)

They've already tried to make themselves look more important that the likes of us anyway.

WHU-AWAY-LANDSCAPE_PAYET_NOBLE_CRESSWELL

They're from London, so more people will listen to them I guess. My conclusion is they're a bunch of trumped up, small willied chancers but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

They've already tried to make themselves look more important that the likes of us anyway.

They're from London, so more people will listen to them I guess. My conclusion is they're a bunch of trumped up, small willied chancers but maybe that's just me.

West Ham are on the up, they will have massive revenue once they move stadium. West Ham are now on another level to us, i doubt we will be able to compete with them again

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

West Ham are on the up, they will have massive revenue once they move stadium. West Ham are now on another level to us, i doubt we will be able to compete with them again

I doubt we'll be able to compete with them soon but "again" seems a bit of a stretch.

21 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

That was a naughty trick of theirs, showing their original C&B kit, and leaving it up to the reader to misinterpret it as meaning West Ham were the original C&B club.  Thankfully it's a fairly short conversation to show that we were in C&B before there was such a thing as West Ham United Football Club.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I doubt we'll be able to compete with them soon but "again" seems a bit of a stretch.

Villa will never get close to the revenue generated by a London club with a 50,000 capacity stadium, ever.

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

I see they've also incorporated a star into their badge for each time they've been league champion, league cup champion & european cup champion.

Damn, in a 100 year+ history, they have never won a league or League Cup and only 3 FA Cups to their name. Embarrassing how highly they think of themselves when they're no better than Wigan or Blues in the grand scheme of things :lol:

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

The West Ham badge literally looks like something you'd see on Pro Evo games where they don't have the licensing.

Pretty sure that's where they got the idea from. Nothing like the old West Midlands village tho. Need I mention the Unicorns?

image.png

• Like 3

jDMLdBN.png

Sleek modern business-y look for the modern football era. A display of efficiency and power! Now sign here for the contract and the agreed upon fixed price payment of £2 mil to my Panama bank account please.. 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I bet Leicester said the same this time last year.