New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

34 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Still absolute shite. AVFC- just **** off. We're Aston Villa

"The lion in the badge will be an important part of the complete overhaul of the Club's visual identity in order to make us more effective in the digital age." from the article on the OS.

"This meant that our badge did not perform as well at very small sizes, notably in some digital applications." again from the OS.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5475744,00.html

We are indeed Aston Villa Football Club, but the majority of our digital footprint revolves around "AVFC". From the web address, the AVFC Official Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, through the the user hashtags. I'm sure the new badge is representative of wanting to integrate their digital and social media channels with the badge that's on the actual kit.

Not saying it's better or worse, but I can understand the thinking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Presumably the badge will not be embossed on the shirts. That will make a big difference.

I'm guessing you're referring to the level of detail in the photo?  That's not embossing, it's just a technique that involves the direction of the embroidery changing to create depth.  Manchester City have had it on their shirts too.

Oh my goodness me.

Our identity is all we have left right now as we continue our decline.

The badge is worse. It's actually worse. I didn't mind the last one - I'm a retro circular badge man though myself. But....we spent no money on players and two million quid to put claws on the lion and to take prepared off the badge. The proportions of the lion don't even look right.

Looks much better on the shirt, and with a white border on a claret background rather than vice versa.

The worst bit about it is the colour of the blue, imo. If that was less baby blue, then I actually think it would be really nice.

The lion looks a lot better than the previous version, and I still think increasing the size, even slightly, makes it a lot better. Less empty space.

I'd also add that another reason it looks so much better on the shirt is because of the detail on the lion.
Not sure why they couldn't add that to the printed version.

Is it just me who thinks we have much more important matters to focus on as a club?

Or is that just too sensible?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

Oh my goodness me.

The badge is worse. It's actually worse. I didn't mind the last one - I'm a retro circular badge man though myself. But....we spent no money on players and two million quid to put claws on the lion and to take prepared off the badge. The proportions of the lion don't even look right.

£80k not £2,000,000.

I love the agencies details, and i've totally 180'd on this now the facts are out. the only thing I really disliked about the original was the abbreviation but in this digital world it does make sense.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As I've said elsewhere, that's not how it works is it?

It's not like the board say "RIGHT! No more transfers until we sort this bloody badge out! Stop looking for a new manager, we need to finalise this branding on our stationery!"

This was probably a project undertaken by some of the commercial team and has little bearing on anything else happening at the club.

Exactly. It had a budget roughly equivalent to 2 weeks of Micah Richards' salary.

I'm sure other shit was going on at the club simultaneously. I mean they **** up the other jobs, but they multi-tasked all the same. 

£80k not £2,000,000.

As has been established now, 80k - apologies for taking in what the rags said, and fair play to the club for putting that to bed.

And actually, the crest just looks terrible printed on a screen. The embroidered one actually looks like an improvement.

My god, I'm jekyll and Hyde today. I blame Lerner. For everything. Even my KFC habit.

• Like 2

New textured lion is an improvement alright.

I've no problem with "AVFC" as the text. Usually when you see the crest on TV or wherever it's accompanied by the title "Aston Villa". AVFC reads better within the shield and from distance too.

Those pictures are most likely showing the crest on the new shirt... which is a nice shade of claret and doesn't seem to have any patterning in the fabric. Both positives in my opinion

Now I just wish they'd gotten rid of that bloody star.

2 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

Oh my goodness me.

People keep saying this garbage, it was even confirmed on the OS that it cost less than 80,000!