New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

2 hours ago, sne said:

12932561_1139356139442695_56703425918795

This is hilarious.

On another note though, it highlighted to me that artistically our badge outline should incorporate the Claret and white outline. Creates synergy with the star. However the claret and white outline positions should be flipped maybe?

On 7 April 2016 at 14:23, BOF said:

I see they've also incorporated a star into their badge for each time they've been league champion, league cup champion & european cup champion.

Surprised they didn't add one for the World Cup win.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3754206/Ajax-Burton-Albion-make-comes-list-20-greatest-badges-football.html

There are some shite badges in there though (sport mails top 20), however I love the Juventus one and thing we could probably come up with a brilliant badge like that with our colours. We used to have stripes and the also connect to some of our better years too!

The black-and-white oval of Juventus includes the silhouette of a charging bull 

Could any of our residents designers be bothered to oblige?

We could perhaps have the lion down the bottom, and the star in place of the crown?

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3754206/Ajax-Burton-Albion-make-comes-list-20-greatest-badges-football.html

There are some shite badges in there though (sport mails top 20), however I love the Juventus one and thing we could probably come up with a brilliant badge like that with our colours. We used to have stripes and the also connect to some of our better years too!

The black-and-white oval of Juventus includes the silhouette of a charging bull 

Could any of our residents designers be bothered to oblige?

We could perhaps have the lion down the bottom, and the star in place of the crown?

The Juventus badge above would look better off on the front of a lorry rather than a football shirt, ours badge is much much better

8 minutes ago, tismyk said:

The Juventus badge above would look better off on the front of a lorry rather than a football shirt, ours badge is much much better

New-Aston-Villa-Badge.jpg37819B7F00000578-3754206-image-a-128_1471945748166.jpg

Sorry, I can't see how. (Aside from the fact that it's the Aston Villa badge)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The fact the Coventry badge is in that list tells you all you need to know.

As I said yes, there are some proper shot badges in there too. Lol. I have hated our badge for quite some time so thought the article was a good opportunity to reiterate it haha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Amusingly, if you go to the link at the top of the page to their list of the 'worst 20 badges', they're nearly all better than the ones in their 'greatest' list. For almost all of the 'worst' ones, the crime, unsurprisingly for the Daily Mail, is minimalism, representing as it does at least some awareness of progress and modernity. Doubtless they'd prefer those badges if some idiot stuck a **** tweed chaise longue in the design. 

Still, it's no surprise those nitwits can't appreciate clean space when they write for a website that looks like this:

335cnm8.jpg

• Like 2