New Badge 2016

mattyvilla

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah it's small time and looks shite. THe whole badge was a missed opportunity really and this new version looks even worse. £2m for that? What a farce. It would only happen at Villa.

I don't think it's small time to have the star on there. It's just they did it in a really crap way.

It's like they designed the badge and then said "Shit, we forgot the star. Just bung it up there where there's a gap"

I've always said our current badge pandered too much to the fans. Not that it's our fault. but I still remember the survey that was sent out asking fans what they wanted in a new badge. Do you want it to be round, or a crest? A lion or no lion? A star or no star? Prepared or no Prepared? etc

It was clear when it was revealed the badge they'd just taken the answers from that survey and incorporated EVERYTHING that the fans said they wanted, and hit "print".
It's as if nobody ever took a step back and thought "right, we've incorporated everything, but does this ACTUALLY look any good?"

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

2m on a bloody badge change, that could ahve gone on a loan player. Absolute morons at the club, but Lerner is obviously the biggest idiot not knowing money is being wasted on crap like this

I'd rather have a new badge than have Simon Dawkins.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Duck said:

The opposition period ends on the 12th April.... Please tell me someone has legal grounds to block this 

Agreed. Looks shit

Who's a lawyer and can write something strongly worded as a delaying tactic? Eg. The new logo is in breach of EU Directive 3401.b1 "Good Taste"

Edited by mwj

That's shit. But I guess it's my fault for daring to get my hopes up about something Aston Villa-related. Shame on me.

It's the same thing except the lion has started using conditioner and stopped clipping his nails.

Edited by Phumfeinz

If we really are changing the badge and its not going back to one of the circular badges then that really does show just how out of touch everyone who's senior at Villa is with the fanbase.

45bebc4b42d1c810776a1dd14d67a8c8.jpg

That... right there... is **** awful. 

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It doesn't make much sense. As I said I like the current one but this new one just looks like a knock-off.

Exactly, why even change it if they're just going to use basically the same design!

• Like 1

When you think that we've prioritised just taking Prepared off the badge and adding claws to the lion, with all the costs that go into implementing it, over investing in the playing staff in January you can see why the CEO and CFO have been kicked out the club.

Edited by a m ole

i dont believe the £2m figure anyway, seems like the mail just plucked it out of the air

either way it wont be a fee for the design, the cost will come from rebranding the stadium, training ground etc how many badges do you think are littered around VP? id say the one on the DE stand would cost around £20k-30k to replace, it'll soon add up

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It is **** awful.

But it IS slightly less **** awful than the current badge.

So that's a positive... right? Guys?

It's worse in my opinion. Which I didn't think was possible.

its bloody macron era blue!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

When you think that we've prioritised just taking Prepared off the badge and adding claws to the lion, with all the costs that go into implementing it, over investing in the playing staff in January you can see why the CEO and CFO have been kicked out the club.

Whilst I understand the frustration, the two are almost certainly mutually exclusive.

There's no way the reason we didn't sign players in January was down to this.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

It's worse in my opinion. Which I didn't think was possible.

its bloody macron era blue!

I think the lions bigger, leaving less space and makes it look less washed out. There's only one font.
I think it's an improvement. But it's slight. Very very slight.

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Damn, when you put it like that  damn.png

I don't mind them commissioning a new badge.  The current one was always divisive.  It' never overly bothered me.  I thought it was at the very least clean and uncluttered.  I like that they'll be removing the 'Prepared' which has frankly become an ironic rod for their own unprepared backs in recent years.  It's not like the people responsible for sorting out the on-field fortunes will be tied up paintshopping the new badge so in that sense it can go on off to the side.

The cost of it, as has been said elsewhere, was just a guess by a newspaper.  But again, I'm confident that it will have been assessed as being able to be absorbed by the finances whilst not infringing on our ability to finance the squad and get us back up.  So it's all good. 

Some won't care.  Some will.  Some will love it.  Some won't.  Either way it's probably a step in the right direction (hopefully).  On a broader note, I don't want the club badge to become something so temporary as to become regarded as something which can change on a whim every few years.  Growing up, club badges were far more constant, and as a result far more traditional/quaint.  Now it's just one more element of the brand-greedy game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst I understand the frustration, the two are almost certainly mutually exclusive.

There's no way the reason we didn't sign players in January was down to this.

I do agree and I'm being slightly over the top on purpose, but it is indicative of the sort of decisions being made at the club that mean we've had an increasingly smaller pot to piss in.